hey guys i just bought a boss gt 10 today, its all great and stuff but i dont really find any of the presets very suited to the sound i want.

the type of sound i want is a very fluid distortion sound, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2yNsCdbLd8&feature=related, something along that line (lol i am not a herman li fan but i love the sound in that video).

if anyone can help me out on how to use the gt 10 to get that sound, it will be really great.

thanks
Why, Why, WHY did you buy it then?!

Seems everyone buy stuff when they have never heard it, or just because it has a brand name.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
o_o Didn't you test it out before you bought it? Where's the logic in spending 500 dollars on something you don't even like?
Speaking as a previous owner of the GT-10, Ultimately, you're NOT going to get the tone you are looking for (especially for metal). Please realize that in the 30 day return policy window so you're not out $500.
Take some time and play around with the preamp settings, and try everything out. Read the manual and learn to use it.

I've created a decent Mesa Rectifier tone on mine.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
well of course the presets arent gonna be that great, your gonna have to learn how to make your own.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
is there any websites or anything to download patches and learn to make tones? the mannual is great but it would be nice if i had more sources..