Ok first off, what kind of vocal effects are bands using to give themselves that kind of synthesized sound to it, like in electronica music?

And where could I get said effect for a decent price?
It's called a Vocoder. You could probably find a decent vocoder for free, search for it on google.

I think kvraudio has some.