Ok, so story goes kinda like this:

*skip over italic part if you know nothing about high school mock trial, I'll explain it in sports/music terms in a sec*

So this year in mock trial I'm a witness (been strictly an attorney for the past 4 years) and the second time we've ever went through questioning my coach basically told me a I was terrible, so I just walked out of the room with my attorney to work on questions, fuming mad, for obvious reasons. Is it fair for him to pass final judgment on me even though I've only had a swing at this twice? He's never even sat down to help me with it.

Sports:

(Hypothetically) You play football (american football) and you've been a safety your entire career. One game your couch tells you to sub for QB. Your coach then tells you that you suck donkey dick at being QB and isn't supportive at all. Is it ok for him/her to judge you based on that first performance, even though they've never sat down to help you with it?

Music:

You just got into your schools middle school band and you're just picking up the trumpet. You teacher puts you on the spot and asks you to perform at a level you're not really capable off. You fail, and (s)he yells at you, tells you that you suck, even though you just started. How do you feel?

Ok, I think I explained the basic situation so everyone can understand now. So I know my coach was probably just trying to light a fire under me to get me really going, but WTF, he was a strait up dick to me in front of everyone. Kinda pissed me off. How would you feel if you were put in a situation like the ones above?
Last edited by edusty2010 at Dec 22, 2008,
Jerk off in his eyes.That solves all problems.Forever.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by edusty2010
(Hypothetically) You play football (american football) and you've been a safty....

couldn't read past that. Fix it.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Someone else on UG is in mock trial? Wow.

We should start a group.
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Sports: If you've been a 'safty' in football, you need to learn to spell

Music: That has to be the worst teacher ever
You were probably shi*t. It's your own fault.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Tell him he sucks at pleasuring his wife.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by edusty2010
Ok, so story goes kinda like this:

*skip over italic part if you know nothing about high school mock trial, I'll explain it in sports/music terms in a sec*

So this year in mock trial I'm a witness (been strictly an attorney for the past 4 years) and the second time we've ever went through questioning my couch basically told me a I was terrible, so I just walked out of the room with my attorney to work on questions, fuming mad, for obvious reasons. Is it fair for him to pass final judgment on me even though I've only had a swing at this twice? He's never even sat down to help me with it.

Sports:

(Hypothetically) You play football (american football) and you've been a safty your entire career. One game your couch tells you to sub for QB. Your coach then tells you that you suck donkey dick at being QB and isn't supportive at all. Is it ok for him/her to judge you based on that first performance, even though they've never sat down to help you with it?

Music:

You just got into your schools middle school band and you're just picking up the trumpet. You teacher puts you on the spot and asks you to perform at a level you're not really capable off. You fail, and (s)he yells at you, tells you that you suck, even though you just started. How do you feel?

Ok, I think I explained the basic situation so everyone can understand now. So I know my coach was probably just trying to light a fire under me to get me really going, but WTF, he was a strait up dick to me in front of everyone. Kinda pissed me off. How would you feel if you were put in a situation like the ones above?

lawl, even inanimate objects think you suck.
Wait. Wait. Your couch yelled at you?

That's pretty damn awesome. Mine just sits there motionless under my ass.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by slappymoe66
lawl, even inanimate objects think you suck.

f*cking epic!

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

So I'm a "safty" and my Couch is yelling at me.
Is he yelling at me to start playing football and to stop sitting on him trying to spell the position I want to play?
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by monkeysintheday
So I'm a "safty" and my Couch is yelling at me.
Is he yelling at me to start playing football and to stop sitting on him trying to spell the position I want to play?

Is that like salt water taffy? Or is it different?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1

I was pointing out his spelling error
Hence the quotation marks.
But I do like salt water taffy. Mmmm.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
How can you grade a witness? They only say what they see, or lie. Dramatic acting isn't supposed to be in a courtroom...

But sure, people get judged on their first trys lots of times. See the Political Thread
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by civildp1

At least my sucking would be delicious then

I love the pit, you come expecting serious responses then you get this, and it just makes the whole situation funny. You guys rock

Quote by millerdrr
How can you grade a witness? They only say what they see, or lie. Dramatic acting isn't supposed to be in a courtroom...

But sure, people get judged on their first trys lots of times. See the Political Thread

Mock trials basically not "who wins the case" it's "who performs it better". I know, I think it should be on substance and not delivery (like, ya know, in that thing they call "real life") but it's not judged like that
Quote by monkeysintheday
I was pointing out his spelling error
Hence the quotation marks.
But I do like salt water taffy. Mmmm.

Thanks bro. I was unaware and not making a joke out of the situation.

To TS, your coach probably should have been more patient, but he wasn't. C'est la vie.
Last edited by civildp1 at Dec 22, 2008,