I've been trying to decide on a new delay/echo pedal for the last few weeks and my choices have come down to:

Boss DD-7
Boss DD-20
Boss RE-20
Digitech Hardwire DL-8

I'm leaning towards the DD-20 at the moment, but they're pretty expensive ($320AU) and I think that the RE-20 would be cool to get but they're also expensive (around $400AU).
So does anyone think it's worth it to pay the extra money to get the DD-20 or should I get the Hardwire DL-8 or the DD-7?
Thanks.
You should add the MXR Carbon Copy to that list. You might wanna give her a try. It's cheaper too!
Of all those, I think the DD-7 would be better. I don't like complicated delay pedals. >_> I've tried the DD-20 and gave up after 5 min haha.

There are other kinds of delay pedals, look around and research. There's the DL4 from Line 6. And there's the Carbon Copy, which is so cheap and really good for it's price. (like AJS mentioned)
Try the Carbon Copy, MXR did a great job with it, sounds great and its Analog.
'07 MIM Strat
Maple Neck
Black Finish
Black Pickguard
Black EMG SA set
Planet Waves Locking Tuners

Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus

Boss PW-2 Power Driver
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby Original Wah
Footswitch for Amp chorus
Boss Flanger
The Hardwire delay is supposed to be godly, but you really can't go wrong with anything here. It's all up to preference, although the Carbon Copy has much shorter delay times than the others.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Try the Analog compared to the digital. For me thats what made the diffrence because i only knew digital. Analog is a real nice sweet delay, if thats what your looking for, although yea the CC doesnt have the longest delay
'07 MIM Strat
Maple Neck
Black Finish
Black Pickguard
Black EMG SA set
Planet Waves Locking Tuners

Roland JC-77 Jazz Chorus

Boss PW-2 Power Driver
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby Original Wah
Footswitch for Amp chorus
Boss Flanger
I'm a dd-7 user and I find it's got great tones and is easy to use right off the bat. However, I find that even with the tap tempo it can be difficult to get exactly the right speed if you change tempo a lot in your songs. Especially if you're playing live. With the dd20 you can apparently set 5 different tempo and mode settings. So I'm personally going to look into the dd20