Hey dudes,

So I consider myself pretty decent at guitar, for two years I've been the only guitarist in my band and we have recently recruited a guy to play lead melodies (along the lines of Bodom or Arch Enemy) while I play rhythm for the sake of ease on my part since I also do vocals. So, that aside, I still play most of the solos. I write semi-complex stuff, or at least for my tastes, that I can usually play very well at home etc... but it is always so much tougher live since I'm very active on stage / doing vocals entire time and I begin to tire by the end of the set. I'm sure this is very common, and besides just "practice more" are there any tips you could give?

I guess the easy question is, do you have a particular exercise for building your stamina on lead guitar? If so, enlighten me please.
Try to also include stage presence while rehearsing, you will get used to it that way.
Exercise. Seriously - do cardio. Run, swim, whatever. Stamina is stamina.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
Quote by Guitartist
Exercise. Seriously - do cardio. Run, swim, whatever. Stamina is stamina.

I already do, bike at least 30 minutes a day and do about 100 sit ups, push ups and usually some pull ups.

But yah, I figure rehearsing more along the lines of how I behave live would be beneficial, I'll give that a go.