Hi I've been playing guitar for about 11 months and I can only play a handful of solos like Californication, You Shook Me All Night Long, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Soul To Squeeze and Joker and The Theif

Could you guys recommend me some solos that are around the same difficulty or a bit harder. My fav bands are:
Metallica, AC/DC, The Who, Led Zep, RHCP, SRV, Foo Fighters, Pink Floyd, Wolfmother and Jimi Hendrix
Most AC/DC solos are pretty similar to Shook Me All Night Long. Try Highway to Hell.

The first solo in Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd is a great one to learn.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Try stuff from the new Scorpions album

Hour:1

it has some easy intros and stuff

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
Since you like Metallica the solo to Nothing Else Matters is pretty easy. Im sure you could probably pull it off.
Quote by bucketheadbukut
any solo off of St. Anger

Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
Quote by bucketheadbukut

Lmao

I tried the Highway to Hell solo as i've got an AC/DC tab book but it's a bit difficult for me
Time.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by overlordandm
Since you like Metallica the solo to Nothing Else Matters is pretty easy. Im sure you could probably pull it off.

Just tried that and I can almost play it full speed after only a couple of tries.
how about stairway to heaven's solo? its pretty 'medium' with some fast parts in it.

or you're looking for a challenge then fade to black ending solo, i learnt this after i learnt stairway, at first i thought i was too beginner to learn it, i tried and then i realised how easy it was (though i cant play it cleanly through yet).

or if you're looking for something easier then fade to black's intro solo.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by metallicaftwlp
Lmao

I tried the Highway to Hell solo as i've got an AC/DC tab book but it's a bit difficult for me

Keep working at it. It's going take more than a couple tries to learn. That's how you get better.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by metallicaftwlp
Lmao

Highway to Hell is easier than You Shook Me All Night Long...to be honest any AC/DC solo should be within your capabilities except the mental ones like Whole Lotta Rosie or Let There Be Rock.

Quote by metallicaftwlp
Just tried that and I can almost play it full speed after only a couple of tries.

sounds like your expecting too much, it takes longer than that to nail a solo...even experienced players take longer than that. Don't rush either, learn the solo slowly first and make sure you can play it cleanly and accurately before worrying about playing it quickly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Dec 23, 2008,
Quote by bucketheadbukut

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
led zeppelin's stairway to heaven is easy, most ac/dc solos are really close to that
Closer to the Heart - Rush... its easy and it sounds cool... not too long though...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Black Sabbath - Paranoid is a good one. Kinda hard though, there's a lot of little bends. But people would recognise it.

At least it's easier than Stairway to Heaven.
Believe it or not, the solo to one from metallica is pretty easy, just slow it down at first to get it down.
A long time ago I used to play some easy Metallica solos. If you haven't tried them already, there's an easy solo in Master of Puppets that James played, and all the solo work in Sanitarium is easy too except the last one. I could probably play that today, but I never learned it back then. The opening solo to Fade to Black is all easy except one part, and all the solos in One are easy except the one during the fast part takes some speed.

I just learned Shade by Silverchair, and that solo is about as easy as can be.
Black Sabbath - Paranoid is a good one. Kinda hard though, there's a lot of little bends. But people would recognise it.
/QUOTE]
That one's quite tricky, like 3 times harder than it seems when you first hear it, just because of those quick bends. I know they always throw me out of timing XD.

How about Bon Jovi? Not that I'm keen of the band, but they have easy to moderate difficult solos, and the songs are pretty easy to learn and fun to play.
The first two solo's from Welcome Home Sanitarium aren't so nasty, too. And they sound particularly great.
Quote by civildp1
Most AC/DC solos are pretty similar to Shook Me All Night Long. Try Highway to Hell.

The first solo in Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd is a great one to learn.

The second one as well. It's not too hard if he can play the first one.

Also, try Knockin' On Heaven's Door by G'nR.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
I've only been playing for a bit over a year, and I learning the Iron Man solo, it's actually not too difficult.
Quote by kirbix

At least it's easier than Stairway to Heaven.

It's not the bends that screw most people up, it's usually the fast pull-offs. I'm guilty of this so yeah...

Anyway, Stairway is actually quite easy, especially the beginning parts. The fast part near the middle of the solo is the only hard part. The end of the solo is really fun to play, so enjoy that

Try these:

Love Train - Wolfmother
Money - Pink Floyd (just watch your timing, I can't even do it right yet )

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
try "It's All Over" by three days grace. its really not that hard actually. the only hard is most of the pull-offs and hammer-ons for me, put you could probably get that easy!
WEll someone suggested the Nothing Else matters solo, so i tried it and ive been learning it for the passed couple hours.

I can pretty much play it full speed, and I've only been playing 2 or 3 months so..
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic
John Frusciante from RHCP has made some great solos that are pretty easy, both in RHCP and in his solo albums, so i would recommend some songs from the albums: By The Way, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, & Stadium Arcadium.
learned the Enter Sandman solo around 11 months....i found that very easy

also try the ...And Justice For All solo

EDIT: Also the Unforgiven and Unforgiven 2 solos
Last edited by Sixxology at Dec 26, 2008,
Most stuff by Pink Floyd except play it in time for chrissake.
Famous last words are for men who never said enough. - Anonymous
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic