As a lot of you will know, the old zr trems (still used in the non prestige series) had a problem with the arm socket snapping. This is due mainly to the fact that it was held in with a bolt. What happened was that as you play (over the course of months) it would loosen and then because the strength was no longer there the socket would snap.

Most peole weren't aware of this so they just blamed it on the metal. Anyway, on to the point... The zr has also been known to snap in other places but the arm socket was the most common by far. Please note that this fix will only sort out the arm snap.

All you need to get is a serrated washer (like the ones you find in cars) and then put that underneath the nut and tighten it up good with a spanner.

I have done this for lots of friends and it seems to work well (I can't judge too acuratly though because it's only been three months).

If you can't find a washer that's the right size then you can

a. drill out the hole to make it bigger
b. use a dremel to file the edges down to size

Hopefully this will help you all, thanks
Last edited by pot head pyro at Dec 22, 2008,
pictures of what it looks like before, after snapping, and after being fixed?

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
sorry, I own the new zr2 one so I don't have the problem

I never thought to take pics of the ones I did it to. I might be able to salvage some in a few weeks if I go back. These were kinda "people I know and would like to help" friends, not the sort I visit regularly
i see, you dont have to, just saying it would help your tut a little to show some pictures :P
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson