I was thinking about getting some Amish carpenters to custom build me a guitar, but have no idea how to go about it. any suggestions....and yes i know this sounds kinda stupid but its what i wanna do. So any suggestions would be appreciated
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
if it's electric it will fail... EPIC LEVEL fail... If its acoustic wont you have to trade them a sheep or something? They'd stereotypically make the best acoustic ever crafted...

Yah... I'm goin' to hell
Quote by JessyB96
if it's electric it will fail... EPIC LEVEL fail... If its acoustic wont you have to trade them a sheep or something? They'd stereotypically make the best acoustic ever crafted...

Yah... I'm goin' to hell

LMAO i thought the same thing when i was thinking it through but ive heard so many good stories about the good carpentry they have, yeah id want them to make the body and neck and such but ill myself put the electronics in myself since i know how to do that. anyways i hear hell isnt such a bad place to be
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by pwrmax
Rock and Roll is the devils's music!

.....ok
Quote by heretic-clown
.....ok

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Anyway, if you're looking for acoustic I'd imagine they'd do a fine job. Even for electric without the electronics I'd give it a shot.
He could be like Seth Green and be into muscle cars and like pantera or something you never know
Tell them what kind of body shape. Give him some blue-prints, measurements, because he's not exactly gonna go on the computer and look it up himself. Just give him all the specs, body wood, scale, stuff like that. Tell him everything you want in the guitar (wood/body/neck-wise), and it should end up pretty good.
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey

Quote by Iceman 420
Tell them what kind of body shape. Give him some blue-prints, measurements, because he's not exactly gonna go on the computer and look it up himself. Just give him all the specs, body wood, scale, stuff like that. Tell him everything you want in the guitar (wood/body/neck-wise), and it should end up pretty good.

Sounds like win.

As for an electric, I dunno if the amish would use a router or power tools. If they're the Amish who bend their rules a little, you could go for an electric guitar. Or you could get them to craft the body and neck, you do all the routing.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
The amish are great carpenters, plus they have brutal tonez:

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top