For a few weeks i've been looking at a Peavey Classic 30, i decided on a tube amp after hearing all the hate on the Line 6 spiders. I go into a Rock Shop today and the guy there basically tells me that from his 50+ years of experience that "all tube amps are good for is distorted sound when you hit the strings really hard". He told me that the Line 6 spider was the best thing on the market because Peaveys are not well made/ they break alot/ etc. And tube amps are a waste of money. Is this guy bull****ting me or should i be looking at a solid state instead of a tube?
That guy is an idiot.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
wow...i think that would be considered illegal to shovel that much **** at one time
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
I'm speechless.
Guitars
LTD MH-400NT
Ibanez ARC-100
Amps
Peavey 6505+ with Marshall 1960B
Crate Powerblock with CRT412

Visit my blog at My Blog
What a load of bull!

The Peavey Classic 30 is legendary, it is pretty much and image of British rock.

The Spider III is an image of a beginner who doesn't know what he wants.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by El Gigante
For a few weeks i've been looking at a Peavey Classic 30, i decided on a tube amp after hearing all the hate on the Line 6 spiders. I go into a Rock Shop today and the guy there basically tells me that from his 50+ years of experience that "all tube amps are good for is distorted sound when you hit the strings really hard". He told me that the Line 6 spider was the best thing on the market because Peaveys are not well made/ they break alot/ etc. And tube amps are a waste of money. Is this guy bull****ting me or should i be looking at a solid state instead of a tube?

Well with 50+ years of experience he must be 70. Not to be an ass, but lots of older people tend to talk out of their asses.
That guy is an obvious moron.

x 9x10^3
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by El Gigante

That is the opposite of what Peaveys are known for. That guy is an IRL troll.