I'm in college and I'm trying to figure out how I can balance music and college. Since I can't be in a band right now, what can I do during the Summer as far as performing music solo. Any ideas are welcome...
go to music college.

or drop out.

or do what i did,

Drop Out, then go to music college.
maybe do some acoustic work? cause that tends to work better solo, then electric. sorry if thats no help. also, you could work on your technique, learn a new style, just practice alot?
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
I'm sure it's possible to be in a band while in school if you manage your time properly. But if not, I suggest playing at your on-campus coffee house or something. My school recently opened a little lounge thingy and musicians and stuff can play there if they sign up. Maybe your school has something of that nature?
major in music? thats what Im doing, and I have all the time in the world to practice the guitar..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
honestly if you cant find time to do other stuff in college other than study you arent doing something right. i am studying engineering and as long as i time manage well i have plenty of free time to practice guitar and hang out with friends. if you are doing work all day then you arent getting the full college experience.
I have my acoustic with me at school. I write as much as free time dictates, and then record full band arrangements when I'm on break or home for the weekend. I've been in a couple bands though. If you can find a place to practice at, there's nothing stopping you from being in a band and in school.

And during the summer, play as many open mikes and acoustic gigs as you can. A couple summers ago I played in the orchestra for a local theater production.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
i usually take my acoustic to school w/ me, a surprisingly large amounts of my friends play music. also made friends in the music production classes, offer to help them out if they need it
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
When you say i bring my acoustic to school, or have it with you at school, you mean you live on campus and you brought it with you... right?

lol

I plan on majoring in music, in which i will NEED a guitar and keyboard to study....

I think when majoring in music finding time to study AND practice isn't a challenge since they go hand in hand... what I hope for anyway