Hey,

I'm going to buy a new guitar and I need some help on what to check out. I've been looking at a Gibson Les Paul Deluxe, Les Paul Classic, and Firebird Studio. I need more choices. What do you guys recommend?

Bands I like: Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rush, The Who, basically a lot of classic rock

Price Range: up to $1,000
Last edited by lightningjoe88 at Dec 23, 2008,
Two Words Ibanez RG I recommend everyone to at least try one I was looking at gibson/fender until I played my uncles $800 RG and fell in love with ibanez from that point on.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Schecter definitely give them a try. I personally prefer mine over LP's. More comfortable neck IMHO.
if youre going to try an Ibanez, give a Jackson USA Soloist a shot, but for what you play, the only thing else I can think of would be the Peavey EVH signature or the Music Man Axis... great guitar
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
there's always the ES series likeeee the 335,336,330!
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
I always say Schecter because, excluding some Gibson guitars, they have the best sound and feel, in my opinion. I haven't played a lot of Ibanez though, so I'm not sure if they are better. Oh, and another really awesome guitar, I think, is a Telecaster Deluxe (I think) and it's like a normal tele except it's got a Humbucker in it. It's pretty sweet.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by lightningjoe88
Hey,

I'm going to buy a new guitar and I need some help on what to check out. I've been looking at a Gibson Les Paul Deluxe, Les Paul Classic, and Firebird Studio. I need more choices. What do you guys recommend?

Bands I like: Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rush, The Who, basically a lot of classic rock

Price Range: up to $600

How exactly are you planning to get a Gibson Les Paul especially a Deluxe or a Classic for $600?

The only correct answer is you need to go to some guitar stores and try out many guitars in your price range. A used Epiphone Les Paul or an Agile AL-3000/3100 would work for you, but you won't know that unless you try one. I'm not a big fan of the LP body for example, I'm more of a Superstrat kinda guy.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
You're not gonna get a Les Paul Deluxe for $1000 (used). You'll be able to get a Les Paul Studio, but that's about it. What is an LP Deluxe anyway? You mean LP Standard Plus?
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

maybe he means the Custom? if that's it then he's not gonna find one for much less than 2 grand. I still say Schecter by the way. awesome guitars and really versatile.
How do you say I won't be able to get the guitar if you don't even know what guitar I'm talking about? A Gibson Les Paul Deluxe is a Gibson Les Paul with two mini humbuckers in the bridge and neck positions. It's a really nice guitar. It's disconntinued though, and that sucks. And I only have a little over $1,000 right now but I'm saving up more money. I just need options while I get the money.
^what kind of amp are you playing through? It may be a better idea to get a mid-range guitar that will last for quite a few years still and get a nice amp. IMO, 92.6% of your tone comes from the amp.
How do you know it's nice? Have you played it?

And also what kind of amp do you currently have?

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

i would suggest the epiphone les paul black beauty, it has triple humbucker pick-ups, and since its an epiphone its about $800, you could probably wiggle down that number, that leaves you with about 200 on your budget to absolutely BLOW