Hola, I play in a modern alternative rock power trio, and I've begun to flirt with the idea of picking up some pedals. So, I wanted to run what I've been looking at by you guys before I bought anything. What do you think of these pedals? Anything else I should look at?

Boss Bass Equalizer GEB-7
Boss Bass Overdrive ODB-3
EBS Octaver
that overdrive thinks it's a fuzz, just so you know.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ah, so I can't trust it to give me just a little drive during certain parts of a song?

How does it compare to the EBS ValveDrive Pro? I like the idea of that one too, but I am on a budget.
if you re willing to drop 100 extra, I always liked the Sansamp Bass Driver DI, as a bonus, it will have an EQ on it already.

I've never played that EBS, but chances are it will play very well.

if you're ever looking for fuzz, I would suggest checking out an MXR El Grande.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Last edited by Vampire 255 at Dec 23, 2008,
I've always liked the ODB3, I'm thinking of picking one up soon. Also take a look at the Boss CEB3 Chorus pedal, that one's pretty nice as well.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
I like my Boss ODB3--but Jack is right, it has more a full than a Overdrive sound. Its also takes some fiddling with the settings to get a really grinding tone, but it does the job and works for me.
Quote by anarkee
I like my Boss ODB3--but Jack is right, it has more a full than a Overdrive sound. Its also takes some fiddling with the settings to get a really grinding tone, but it does the job and works for me.

my name isn't Jack.

and what's a full? did you forget the coffee today?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by hippiebass
I think she means fuzz.

oh duh.

I might need some coffee too.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

I have the OD, could never find the right tone outta it, so it collects dust. :/
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I used to play an ODB-3, and as a fuzzy/distortion pedal it's ok, for the price, but then I bought myelf an MXR Blowtorch...I havent played my Boss since, but I'd recommend the blowtorch, as it has such a wide range of tones with the EQ,Mid-Range Switch, Gain and Blend controls and the Torch off (more overdriven sound and Torch On (More fuzz sound) controls....problems being it aint cheap (got money off mine and was still £120) and although it has great clarity its becuase it runs on 18 volts, not 9, so it munches batteries and adapters are more tricky to find...sounds amazing in a band though, great for stoner rock, or gettin a sort of QOTSA sound.

merry xmas chaps and lassies, or lads and chappettes if you prefer :p
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
the EBS octaver is known to have the best tracking by far. Ive heard it F**KIN SWEET AS.
id also recommend the sansamp di for overdrive, doubling as a EQ.
I like the idea of the Sansamp, but as far as EQing goes, I'm already planning on getting the multi-band EQ pedal, so I would probably be leaving the Sansamp EQ flat. I read up on some reviews for it, and somebody mentioned that it likes to scoop out your mids and lose you in the mix, is that true?

Edit: How does it compare to the Tech 21 VT Bass Pedal?
Last edited by slash1890 at Dec 25, 2008,