I am in the market to buy a new amp for my guitar, and wanted to get your guy's opinion on the matter. I play classic rock/blues for the most part, such as Floyd or Clapton. My current equipment includes a Fender Standard HSS Strat and a Line 6 Spider III 75w. My budget is around 500 dollars.

Obviously the amp could use replacing, so selling that is not out of the question. I was just looking for some good ideas on decent amps for that price range. Also, I have been shopping around for budget multi-effect pedals, and could use your input on that as well, if only for future reference. Thanks for the help!
A peavey classic would be awesome for you.
If you get one used, you would have enough cash to tweak the tubes and speaker, to make it even sweeter
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Hmm...those look like a good choice...

I had tried out a Fender Blues Jr. Amp and Guitar Center with my guitar the day I bought it, and was blown away. Would the Peavey Classic sound better than that, since it costs about 50 bucks more used?
Quote by darkarbiter7
A peavey classic would be awesome for you.
If you get one used, you would have enough cash to tweak the tubes and speaker, to make it even sweeter

This.
as for you pedals you'll have to tell us what effects you want
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Peavey Classic 30 would be fine I suppose...

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. $600 new (basically), real close to that used. It's worth it...

Then again if you have a constant income I recommend waiting until you can afford and Evil Twin (Twin Amp) or at least a Twin Reverb (~$1000).

As for multi-effects... Avoid Digitech. Your best bet in the lower price bracket is Zoom... If you afford a to spend a few hundred a Line 6 Pod XT Live is a great option, and Boss gear is always worth it's price tag (reliable, consistently above-par sound quality and noise handling (not ruining your signal with hum or hiss or sucking of treble)).

Personally I'm a "Buy petals, power supplies, and boards" kind of guy... But that really depends on which way you feel like limiting yourself. With the $300-400 it takes to get a quality multi-effects you could have yourself a nice Dunlop Wah, a MXR Carbon Copy Delay, and a Big Muff (and maybe even the power supplies for them) or you could have simulations of all those and many many many more. Believe me, the models aren't half as good. I never liked Phasers when I played with simulations, but I fell in love with a Small Stone the first time I played through one...
Although the HRDs are nice amps, i'd stick with the classic. For Floyd and Clapton, you're gonna want a british voiced amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator