Poll: What should be my next comedic let's play for youtube?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should be my next comedic let's play for youtube?
Megaman X
20 33%
Super Mario World
19 32%
Kirby Super Star
17 28%
Batman Returns (Sega Genesis)
11 18%
Megaman X2
12 20%
Super Mario Brothers 2
15 25%
Donkey Kong Country 2
23 38%
Castlevania 4
22 37%
Voters: 60.
Page 1 of 2
I am near the end of world 6 on Super Mario Bros 3 for the SNES. It has been a great series so far with alot of me getting very pissed off and having funny little effects for comedy. All I ask is PLEASE DONT PUT A STUPID REPLY ON THIS THING LIKE "WHO CARES" OR "WHO ARE YOU" OR SOMETHING IGNORANT. IF YOU DONT CARE THEN DONT POST A FREAKING MESSAGE OR I'LL REPORT IT!

Now we got that out of the way cast your vote. I wont put my youtube URL here because I am not an attention ***** or want to promote. If you want to look it up just go to youtube and type in ravenrage07. If not just put a post idc.
E.T. on the Atari 2600.

Play Axelay!
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
E.T. on the Atari 2600.

Play Axelay!

OH HAHAHAHAHA! your funny! The worst game on the face of the planet. Nobody can do a let's play of that. It doesnt even have levels. I dont even have an atari 2600 Emulator. And Axelay? i'll check into it. Very funny man. Very funny.
I fuggin love Donkey Kong Country 2.

But that's not what you asked is it?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by ravenrage07
OH HAHAHAHAHA! your funny! The worst game on the face of the planet. Nobody can do a let's play of that. It doesnt even have levels. I dont even have an atari 2600 Emulator. And Axelay? i'll check into it. Very funny man. Very funny.

Someone actually did. I watched it. Twas funny. -_-
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by x_thurston_x
I fuggin love Donkey Kong Country 2.

But that's not what you asked is it?

lol sorta. I mean I am asking you what game do you want me to playthrough with funny commentary, jokes, sound effects, off the wall stuff, just stuff that makes you laugh and makes watching it fun. Its sorta like a walkthrough but not really. Its more fun to watch if you are playing a game that is hard or at least make it seem hard. All of the games up there are hard because I have to use a keyboard. Which playing any game with a keyboard will drive you bats*** crazy. But yeah if thats ur vote then just cast it. That or whatever else. I am not going to use the results til after Mario 3 is done.
Original Donkey Kong Country FTW!!!

But yeah I put Super Mario World.

Game kicked ass
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by DirtyMakik
Someone actually did. I watched it. Twas funny. -_-

Dude are you serious? Wow... I know I dont want to promote nething but what is the link to it? I am sorry if thats promoting, I just really wanna see how somebody could do that.
Quote by sneyob
Original Donkey Kong Country FTW!!!

But yeah I put Super Mario World.

Game kicked ass

Only problem with SMW would be it wouldnt be all that funny as i've beaten the game literally a billion times. I mean yeah it would be funny because I could provide funny commentary not angry commentary like usual. But I had to put it up there because I didnt want to put all games people would be like "why that one? why not a good one?". But thanks for the vote, i'll keep track of all your messages and comments about this and I'll if you have any other suggestion please let me know like the gentlemen who said E.T. I appreciate thinking outa the box because I wouldnt have come up with that. So if you have other ideas post them here or send me a PM on youtube. I am happy you all are into this kind of thing it helps a lot. I have enough youtube fans but when you ask em a question you cant get results to save your life. Then they get mad if you dont do the video and your like "I dont have anything to go with...I cant do a top ten with no suggestions..."
where the fuck is super metroid. and btw, your youtube url is on your sig, but i don't think you're an attention whore
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Last edited by fli.pansy at Dec 23, 2008,
Quote by ravenrage07
Dude are you serious? Wow... I know I dont want to promote nething but what is the link to it? I am sorry if thats promoting, I just really wanna see how somebody could do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-pzdPLfy9Y

And Axelay = Best use of Mode 7 ever.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by fli.pansy
where the fuck is super metroid.

I KNEW THAT WAS COMING I FREAKIN KNEW IT! Here's the problem. I dont try to copy peoples video ideas that I am associated with or already did a video with. The conflict with Super Metroid is my close friend Jerichosquink who i am a fan of and did a review/let's play of Beethoven's second with is going to do that. DKC1 is also conflict as Sk8erhoy is doing it. I am not saying I want to do a let's play nobody has ever thought of but i dont want my vids to be the same as people's vids i'm friends with. Get what i'm saying? Just because you posted, i'll keep that in mind even though it does conflict because if Jerichosquink doesnt do it i probably will. Thanks
I voted for Megaman X2 and Kirby Superstar along with the two I originally posted. I thought you were playing on an SNES, so I assumed you wouldn't have Megaman X2, which is why I left it out initally.

Does anyone own an SNES and actually have Megaman X2? So far I haven't met anybody who has X2 or X3 besides me.
Quote by DirtyMakik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-pzdPLfy9Y

And Axelay = Best use of Mode 7 ever.

Isn't mode 7 that thing that nintendo was trying to put out that was supposed to combat sega's "BLAST PROCESSING!!!". I mean yeah it was cool it was that 3D engine wasnt it? Used in F-Zero and Star Wars games?
Which super mario bros 2 do you mean?
The Lost Levels or the one where you can play as Peach and Toad?
If it's lost levels then that's what I vote for, if not Super mario world.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by ravenrage07
Isn't mode 7 that thing that nintendo was trying to put out that was supposed to combat sega's "BLAST PROCESSING!!!". I mean yeah it was cool it was that 3D engine wasnt it? Used in F-Zero and Star Wars games?

Yup.

Also, the soundtrack kicks @$$.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDSj9S8aMUY
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Dec 23, 2008,
Quote by madbasslover
I voted for Megaman X2 and Kirby Superstar along with the two I originally posted. I thought you were playing on an SNES, so I assumed you wouldn't have Megaman X2, which is why I left it out initally.

Does anyone own an SNES and actually have Megaman X2? So far I haven't met anybody who has X2 or X3 besides me.

Sorry buddy I use emulators *gasp* oh shut it! Anyway yeah I have played it on a real console and most of the games I do I own that is one exception. I do however own DKC1, DKC2, DKC3, SMW, SM All Stars, SMB3, SMB2, SMB1, and all the other stuff I posted. I didnt do it on the console as I am not a person who has a VC card and TV Tuner. I am a PC tech but I am not quite outa college yet so I cant afford super high stuff. I think last time i Checked megaman X2 and X3 were WAYYY up there in price.
Hm question:

You're only doing NES/SNES games because you're using emulators right?

Does that mean you couldn't do an N64 game?

Cuz I kinda wanna watch someone go through The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time...

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by M.O.P
Which super mario bros 2 do you mean?
The Lost Levels or the one where you can play as Peach and Toad?
If it's lost levels then that's what I vote for, if not Super mario world.

D*** it! I forgot all about that. Sorry. Yeah super mario bros 2 with toad, peach, luigi, and mario. Lost level's is an idea that i'll keep on the list but that one is a little too... well... not epic ya know. I like games that have plenty of length, lots of secets, and epic ya know. Something that wont be done in like a 3 part LP. Thanks.

~ravenrage07~
Quote by sneyob
Hm question:

You're only doing NES/SNES games because you're using emulators right?

Does that mean you couldn't do an N64 game?

Cuz I kinda wanna watch someone go through The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time...

Okay let me clear this up for you, good question btw:

1. I do SNES, NES, Genesis, and if you provide me with an emulator I'll do other things before all the analog stick stuff.

2. The poblem with the N64, PS1 up without tuner card/VC card I cant do it because you have a complicated emulator, a super nice computer, and alot of other things. That costs a nice amount of money. And i have studied into it, plus newer roms for like 64 are hard to find and run. Sorry buddy. Great question though.
Quote by fli.pansy
where the fuck is super metroid. and btw, your youtube url is on your sig, but i don't think you're an attention whore

Oh didnt this part sorr for posting 2 times on this one because I really dont know how to add multiple quotes into one msg. I am kinda forum stupid. About the youtube thing I am an ideot, I didnt even realize it was there. I forgot it was even there lol. Thanks for the not being an attention *****. I hate when ppl label you as that just because you want to spread the word about a show you do that they would enjoy. Thats why I said in the original post look I am not putting a URL, if you want look up this screenname so it isnt like "HEY LOOK AT ME! HERES A URL TO EVER F***IN VIDEO I'VE EVER DONE AND FOR MORE YOU CAN COME TO MY HOUSE AND DO ME!!" (Sorry for that last part). Thanks though.
Quote by ravenrage07
Sorry buddy I use emulators *gasp* oh shut it! Anyway yeah I have played it on a real console and most of the games I do I own that is one exception. I do however own DKC1, DKC2, DKC3, SMW, SM All Stars, SMB3, SMB2, SMB1, and all the other stuff I posted. I didnt do it on the console as I am not a person who has a VC card and TV Tuner. I am a PC tech but I am not quite outa college yet so I cant afford super high stuff. I think last time i Checked megaman X2 and X3 were WAYYY up there in price.

Yeah, they're pretty expensive. Before I had them I played them on emulators as well. The only reason I actually went out of my way to get them is because I've been playing Megaman since I was 5 (I'm almost 19) and I'm a total whore for the X series.
X2 popped up in a shop an hour away from where I live for just $30 bucks, so I called, told them to hold it and I went and bought it. I bought X3 for $70 with the first paycheck I ever got.
Quote by madbasslover
Yeah, they're pretty expensive. Before I had them I played them on emulators as well. The only reason I actually went out of my way to get them is because I've been playing Megaman since I was 5 (I'm almost 19) and I'm a total whore for the X series.
X2 popped up in a shop an hour away from where I live for just $30 bucks, so I called, told them to hold it and I went and bought it. I bought X3 for $70 with the first paycheck I ever got.

Wow damn. Do you do video game videos? I mean this is a guitar forum and we got a game junkie on here for once wow. I wouldnt pay over 10 dollars for game i'm a broke bastard. Yeah X2 was my fave but 70 for X3? Jesus. Do you have Castlevania SOTN?
Quote by ravenrage07

2. The poblem with the N64, PS1 up without tuner card/VC card I cant do it because you have a complicated emulator,... .

Haha okay I understand emulators and what not.

I was just thinking you could set up a video camera pointed at your TV but that would make for some obviously poor-quality footage...
haha.

And trust me,
I've searched for N64 emulators and they are pretty much non-existent.

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob
Haha okay I understand emulators and what not.

I was just thinking you could set up a video camera pointed at your TV but that would make for some obviously poor-quality footage...
haha.

And trust me,
I've searched for N64 emulators and they are pretty much non-existent.

Well i've seen ppl do the Cam to TV approach and I agree its poor quality. If your good enough and funny enough it wont matter. The problem with that is that I dont have a cam. Once again broke bastard lol. Have a webcam but good god thats like the plague on a game lol. If i get cam I'll try but i find emu's to be better for let's plays and stuff as it has the Save States so i can do situational comedy stuff also.
actually you should look at project 64 for an n64 emulator.
and Donkey Kong country 2 is so amazing
so many days wasted
Quote by ravenrage07
Wow damn. Do you do video game videos? I mean this is a guitar forum and we got a game junkie on here for once wow. I wouldnt pay over 10 dollars for game i'm a broke bastard. Yeah X2 was my fave but 70 for X3? Jesus. Do you have Castlevania SOTN?

Don't you be hatin' on X3.

Anyways, I've never done video game videos before. I don't know that I'd consider myself a game junkie, either. I actually spend more time on music-related stuff, it's just that I grew up with SNES, so I love playing and collecting old school SNES games. Part of it is nostalgia and part of it is that SNES games have held up much better over the years than games that were released only one or two years ago for the newer consoles. Anyways, I've never played Castlevania, actually. I've heard good things about it, though.

EDIT:
so many days wasted

Lies. Donkey Kong Country 2 and a wasted day can never happen at the same time.
Quote by guitar1212god
so many days wasted

I will look into it but i have no controller w/ an analog stick so that causes problems. And yes DKC2 is amazing.
Quote by madbasslover
Don't you be hatin' on X3.

Anyways, I've never done video game videos before. I don't know that I'd consider myself a game junkie, either. I actually spend more time on music-related stuff, it's just that I grew up with SNES, so I love playing and collecting old school SNES games. Part of it is nostalgia and part of it is that SNES games have held up much better over the years than games that were released only one or two years ago for the newer consoles. Anyways, I've never played Castlevania, actually. I've heard good things about it, though.

EDIT:

Lies. Donkey Kong Country 2 and a wasted day can never happen at the same time.

Castlevania is AWESOME! One of the best series of games ever and has argueably the best freaking soundtrack a game has ever had. The only game that could compare is the KI Killer Cuts which was a CD that came with the GAME! But as for neoclassical freaks like me Castlevania is AMAZING.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Tales of Symphonia!

And as for this. What? What is that?

Also (Side note): How do you post a message with multiple quotes in it?
Who cares? Who are you?

edit- seriously- Final Fantasy 3.
Last edited by MeltingWaxFace at Dec 23, 2008,
Quote by ravenrage07
And as for this. What? What is that?

Also (Side note): How do you post a message with multiple quotes in it?

You can copy one quote, quote somebody else, and paste it into the post.

If you're editing a post, you do the same thing, except edit your post and paste it in instead of making a new a post.

Also, I'll have to check out Castlevania. I'm not sure why I haven't already.
Quote by madbasslover
You can copy one quote, quote somebody else, and paste it into the post.

If you're editing a post, you do the same thing, except edit your post and paste it in instead of making a new a post.

Also, I'll have to check out Castlevania. I'm not sure why I haven't already.

so basically hit the button that quotes the first person. Then hit the quote icon and past the msg in there?

Is that avatar from Chrono Trigger? those things I think they were called like gremlins or something. I forget what they were called.

Who cares? Who are you?

I dont know if you were joking or not. I didnt see the smiley at first. Sorry if you were joking though. *reported*
Last edited by ravenrage07 at Dec 23, 2008,
Quote by madbasslover
Yep.

Thanks buddy. So is that Avatar from Chrono Cross? How did you get the lil santa hat on him.

Anyway, back to topic since I got off it. What do you all think on what I should do. Those who have already posted still put more input and the more input you give me the more i'll be interested in doing that let's play. If i dont chose your's dont worry i'll prolly get to it later on.
Quote by ravenrage07
so basically hit the button that quotes the first person. Then hit the quote icon and past the msg in there?

Is that avatar from Chrono Trigger? those things I think they were called like gremlins or something. I forget what they were called.

I dont know if you were joking or not. I didnt see the smiley at first. Sorry if you were joking though. *reported*

I forgive you for reporting me, because it won't matter. You need to lighten up a bit. Its xmas season.
Quote by ravenrage07
Thanks buddy. So is that Avatar from Chrono Cross? How did you get the lil santa hat on him.

If you mean Chrono Trigger, then yeah. I downloaded a trial of a GIF editing program and I put the santa hat in each frame. After the holidays I'm going to switch back to the original. It was the same guy, but without the hat.

EDIT: It's been a long time since I played it, but I believe they were called Imps.
Quote by madbasslover
If you mean Chrono Trigger, then yeah. I downloaded a trial of a GIF editing program and I put the santa hat in each frame. After the holidays I'm going to switch back to the original. It was the same guy, but without the hat.

EDIT: It's been a long time since I played it, but I believe they were called Imps.

Chrono Trigger was a good game, I played that lots-almost as good as FF3.
Page 1 of 2