17 47%
The Spirit
10 28%
Benjamin Button
9 25%
Other(post your suggestion please)
0 0%
Voters: 36.
Well i'm probably going to try to see a movie in theatres this christmas break, and i'm wondering which one?

Valkyrie-a man's plot to kill Hitler. I already watched the history channel's covering of the plots so i know it didn't work, but who knows might be a good movie, has Tom Cruise afterall.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button-a man is born in his 80's and ages backwards. Seems interesting. Again, good acting with Brad Pitt.

The Spirit-another superhero film, this one's about a guy called "The Spirit" who's like a semi-ghost and has to save this city from some badguys.

any other suggestions would be nice as well
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
I'd say Curious Case if your going with a chick and The Spirit if it's by yourself or with your family, friends, ect.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button looks really good. i definitely want to see it.

i heard Cruise basically ruins Valkyrie.

The Spirit looks ok, but its something i would rent rather than going to see it.
The Spirit.

****ing Samuel L. Jackson.
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
The Spirit looks pretty good, I vote watch it.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by electricsnake
Well i'm probably going to try to see a movie in theatres this christmas break, and i'm wondering which one?

Valkyrie-a man's plot to kill Hitler. I already watched the history channel's covering of the plots so i know it didn't work, but who knows might be a good movie, has Tom Cruise afterall.

You didn't know that before you saw the Disc. Channels documentary?
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
The Spirit

Eva Mendes AND Scarlett Johansson?

F*ck yes
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by Supertait
You didn't know that before you saw the Disc. Channels documentary?

well..I knew he killed himself in the basement of some bunker with his girlfriend, but i didn't know about all of the plots there were to kill him.
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
Valkyrie should be good- if its based on real life the plan fails and all the nazis who tried to kill Hitler are shot or hung on meat hooks. A good chance we see Cruise die like the faggot he is.
benjamin button looks awesome. Generally can't go wrong with David Fincher I reckon
I am so tired of rhetorical questions. Or am I?
Valkyrie looks kick ass...the only thing that bothers me is that if they are going to speak in english they should at least speak with german accents
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by Blitzraptor007
Valkyrie looks kick ass...the only thing that bothers me is that if they are going to speak in english they should at least speak with german accents

I don't think cruise does accents does he? I don't remember. Problem is if they do crappy accents it ruins the movie.
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Valkyrie should be good- if its based on real life the plan fails and all the nazis who tried to kill Hitler are shot or hung on meat hooks. A good chance we see Cruise die like the faggot he is.

actually i think most were hung with piano wire.

but still, i heard Cruise seriously kills the movie.

which is unfortunate, because it looks decent.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace

homophobe
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by daytripper75
actually i think most were hung with piano wire.

but still, i heard Cruise seriously kills the movie.

which is unfortunate, because it looks decent.

Yeah that is exactly what I heard. Cruise is basically a trainwreck nowadays. Plus his comments/attitude on Scientology irritate me for some reason.
Quote by electricsnake
I don't think cruise does accents does he? I don't remember. Problem is if they do crappy accents it ruins the movie.

Well the thing that makes it bad is everyone else is either German, or a very into character method actor so here's Tom Cruise running around as The Head Hitler Killing Nazi, surrounded by people with German accents and he's speaking in his pleasant north American dialect.
Quote by groll01
homophobe

Yeah, I'm sure he yells like a schoolgirl whenever he's sees a gay person walking down the street towards him cause he used the word faggot
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Plus his comments/attitude on Scientology irritate me for some reason.

i dunno how that effects his acting?

btw go see the spirit
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
PRIVELAGED

Quote by Vernalagnia
Well the thing that makes it bad is everyone else is either German, or a very into character method actor so here's Tom Cruise running around as The Head Hitler Killing Nazi, surrounded by people with German accents and he's speaking in his pleasant north American dialect.

not to mention he totally doesn't look like a nazi at all. But i guess Hitler himself wasn't very aryan either.
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
Quote by electricsnake

I don't think it really matters if they do accents or not. I remember in Enemy at the Gates when they were supposed to be Soviets, and some people had Russian accents while others had British accents... I'd rather just have no accents. We'll still know what's going on as long as there are no Americans that need to be differentiated from.
Quote by tonedeafidiot
Yeah, I'm sure he yells like a schoolgirl whenever he's sees a gay person walking down the street towards him cause he used the word faggot

doesn't matter... they only excuse anyone can have for using that word is being under the age of 12. its ignorant crass and stupid
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
PRIVELAGED

Quote by groll01
i dunno how that effects his acting?

btw go see the spirit

It doesn't effect his acting, its kinda like damaged goods. Would you eat the most mouth watering steak in the world if you knew a big fat guy licked it and rubbed snot onto it? I wouldn't.

I can't shake Cruises irritating personal opinions. I'll see him acting and not get lost in the fantasy that he is this character. I see his face and just instantly think - nutjob wacko.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
It doesn't effect his acting, its kinda like damaged goods. Would you eat the most mouth watering steak in the world if you knew a big fat guy licked it and rubbed snot onto it? I wouldn't.

I can't shake Cruises irritating personal opinions. I'll see him acting and not get lost in the fantasy that he is this character. I see his face and just instantly think - nutjob wacko.

I think that's a general problem with actors... With all this gossip and people who are interested in them, even though they are never supposed to be themselves...Straight out, I don't really like movies.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Yeah that is exactly what I heard. Cruise is basically a trainwreck nowadays.

i never really liked him to begin with.

i just cant believe that they couldn't find a better actor to play the role of Claus von Stauffenberg. i mean there are tons of talented actors, but they chose Cruise. the movie looks interesting, they DID NOT need someone like Cruise to help sell it.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace

thats understandable, i find i enjoy movies/actors better when i don't pay attention to there media image.

plus tom cruise was awesome in tropic thunder
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
PRIVELAGED

Quote by MeltingWaxFace

I hate Tom Cruise just as much as the next guy, but that's just plain ignorant.
I mean fine, granted it's commonly used as slang, but kill him like the faggot he is?

Thats way to close to just saying plain out "kill homosexuals."

Show some taste.

Quote by tonedeafidiot

Flew right over your head didn't it?
Idiot indeed. Just because you use the " " smiley doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

Anyways, TS, I'm gonna vote for Spirit.
I get to see it the day before it comes out, along with 4 other movies that come out that day. Gotta love working at AMC man. Low wages, but hell, the perks are just great.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by daytripper75
the movie looks interesting, they DID NOT need someone like Cruise to help sell it.

I think Tom Cruise was a negative, I was watching the trailer I was thinking "looks like it might be good..." starring Tom Cruise... "Never mind."