well i appointed the title to moody cause he always gives helpful answers

anyways. Im going to start recording with my presonus inspire 1394 and shure sm57 mic soon. I can handle the guitars, bass, keys, and vocals. the only other thing i need is the drums. thats the problem. i asked people before, and they were like go to looperman.com or something like that, and all i could find were useless loops that didnt fit into the music i play (hard rock, alternative, hardcore, etc.)

my question is that, are there any other free drum track sites that i can use? or would i have to resort to buying some $100 drum software. if i do, which one should i buy (preferably cheap )

and i guess i'll record and multi track with audacity. or should i get a professional software like sonar where there are drum tracks included. i really want a good sound from all my recordings.

im trying to save money, but i'd buy it if i had too. so what do i do guys?

thanks
Hm. Without actually recording a live kit or buying a electronic kit, you could use a drum VST Such as easy drummer and write out your drum beats via a keyboard editor (software or hardware) and have fairly realistic sounding drums, since their taken from live samples. that would be the cheapest option and decent sounding i imagine. (All though, i'm not sure on the price of EZDrummer)
Quote by CraigKing
Hm. Without actually recording a live kit or buying a electronic kit, you could use a drum VST Such as easy drummer and write out your drum beats via a keyboard editor (software or hardware) and have fairly realistic sounding drums, since their taken from live samples. that would be the cheapest option and decent sounding i imagine. (All though, i'm not sure on the price of EZDrummer)

this

although i tired it with EZDrummer and it failed, i now use reason!
"We carry death out of the village!"
Quote by qwertyuiop8642
i just write my drum tracks on guitarpro

yes but how do you make them sound 'decent' in a real recording?

and yes...Reason FTW
yes that is true....BUT it wont work unless you auctually buy EZDrummer then the DFH patch
i find loops are so boring, they have the same 4/4 beat, but it really depends on what your writing...What are you writing?
like a whole song. just a normal rock or "hardcore" song. with vocals. lead. rhythm. bass. maybe keys. and drums.

Edit: and marskell. if you dont mind me asking. what did you use to record. which interface, software, and what did you do for the drums. they sound very nice
Last edited by DannyRL at Dec 23, 2008,
if you are using guitar pro PM me and i might be able to give advise but if you only have $100 or cheap software, download reason

Marskedit: haha thanks man, i just used reason and created my own custom drum kit, level'd it and mastered it the way i want
neither IMO look for a free trial and or free version of reason and download that then create your own kit with reasons custom drums
If you need a sequencer, try Cakewalk Sonar Studio at has Session Drummer 2. Just keep in mind that Session Drummer, (at least in my mind) isn't built around heavy rock.

Toontrack makes great VSTi programs like EZdrummer and adding the DFH expansion sounds great. BFD is another good program to use with great acoustic sounding drums.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 23, 2008,
Some of the drum samples in Halion (a software sampler within Cubase) are quite convincing. I guess you already bought the Presonus? If you haven't, maybe look for an interface that comes with Cubase LE. I *think* it comes with Halion.

If you did get the Prosonus, what software came bundled with it? Maybe there's something in there?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Addictive drums! Expensive but much more versatile than DFH.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
but if i were to get something like the cakewalk thing or toontrack, would it be easy to get the drum tracks? like theres all ready tracks and loops for you, or would you have to have something like a keyboard to enter them in.