I want to the get B-55 5 string from ESP. I played the B-50 and even on a punk-ass guitar amp at the guitar store it kicked ass. I was just wondering if the B-55 is a good 5 string. The reviews say it is good, but I want more updated reviews.
ESP's are one of those brands that dont bother to attempt to put out a good bargain instrument. The quality spectrum with ESP's is typically bi-polar - the cheaper ones arent very good, and some of the higher ends are quite good.

For roughly the same price as the B-55, you can get....

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Deluxe%20Jazz%20Bass%20V%20Active%205%20String%20Bass%20Assorted%20Colors_-1_10052_10002_183891

Ibanez makes some good extended range bass's for good prices too.
yes!!! i dont have one but my friend does and i wish i bought it!!! that maybe my next bass, its sounds way good and with a good amp excellent. not flawless but all and all so worth it. i would go for it
Eww...the ebonal on that Jazz just looks wrong. Good bass though. Personally, I'm a fan of Peavey and Traben in that price range, but it really depends on your style. What do you play?
Nope, no sig here.
I'd say save up for an Ibanez instead. Better value even though a bit more money involved. Other than that, check out Washburn. Almost noone recognize 'em here, but I've heard they make some good, affordable basses.

Anyway, I'd stay away from that LTD. I keep mine only so that I can defret it and use it in the studio.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Lilldjuret
I'd say save up for an Ibanez instead. Better value even though a bit more money involved. Other than that, check out Washburn. Almost noone recognize 'em here, but I've heard they make some good, affordable basses.

Anyway, I'd stay away from that LTD. I keep mine only so that I can defret it and use it in the studio.

Eh, ive heard the opposite. Id stay away from Washburn basses, unless one of the regulars contradict. Sure they might make a decent upper end axe, but like so many other companies they neglect putting any semblence of quality in their budget/beginner lines.
Quote by CBurtonIsKing
Eh, ive heard the opposite. Id stay away from Washburn basses, unless one of the regulars contradict. Sure they might make a decent upper end axe, but like so many other companies they neglect putting any semblence of quality in their budget/beginner lines.

That's the opposite from what I've heard. Still hear-say. Still have try one myself...
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
man i have that bass and it's awesome, its built like a tank and it sounds and plays quite well for the price
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by CBurtonIsKing
ESP's are one of those brands that dont bother to attempt to put out a good bargain instrument. The quality spectrum with ESP's is typically bi-polar - the cheaper ones arent very good, and some of the higher ends are quite good.

For roughly the same price as the B-55, you can get....

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Deluxe%20Jazz%20Bass%20V%20Active%205%20String%20Bass%20Assorted%20Colors_-1_10052_10002_183891

Ibanez makes some good extended range bass's for good prices too.

Yes, I agree with you 1000%. ESP really doesnt have a great bass for $500. On the other hand Ibanez has superb quality instruments for $500.
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
I usually play stuff like Muse, and Rage Against the Machine. I just wanted that low B because it is a lot nicer than tuning to BEAD which is hard on your stings.
For muse and RATM you shouldnt need anymore than Drop D, but for a 5er in that price range I would keep your eyes out for a Ibanez SR305
Quote by BCarey2293
I usually play stuff like Muse, and Rage Against the Machine. I just wanted that low B because it is a lot nicer than tuning to BEAD which is hard on your stings.

i play some muse and RATM on my B-55
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by Ryker24
For muse and RATM you shouldnt need anymore than Drop D, but for a 5er in that price range I would keep your eyes out for a Ibanez SR305

Umm, Sir, you don't know Tim Commerford, then. Timmy uses a four string tuned BEAD. But yea, your strings take a beating at BEAD, that is unless you buy a 5 string pack and strng the low 4 then ok i can see that...
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?