merry christmas ug'ers, I'm addicted to fuzz tones now, and i HAVE to buy a pedal for it. I went to my local guitar shop and tried some out while plugged into a marshall stack (they normaly get me to plug into a horrible line 6 spider that they seem to think is goo). I've tried a russian big muff, which sounded good... but not as mind blowing as i hoped. It was crunchy and thick, but it lacked an over the top fuzz sound. Next, the guy in the shop brought over a boss fuzz pedal, which had a three in one modelling function (it was a COSM modelling pedal). It was much closer to what i hoped, the octavia setting in particular was huge and ripping. two others i'm tossing up between are the american Big Muff pi and the little big muff. I'm wondering if there is much difference in sound between a big muff and little big muff? Ok basically the sound im after is not just a typical Hendrixian fuzz, but an all out, stupidly crazy fuzz. I'm also a huge electric wizard sound, and frequently play in like Ab standard just for the hell of it, at high volume. So im after basically the best fuzz i can get without ripping my speaker. out of the ones i have mentioned, let me know what the pick of the bunch is, or if you have an even better idea please let me know.
many thanks
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
zvex fuzz factory.

costs alot, but worth it
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
^+1

It can do everything, plus if you're handy with a soldering iron you can build one yourself for $50 tops.

EDIT: I've seen Vexters go used for $100, around as much as the Boss, so that's in your price range
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Dec 23, 2008,
Quote by Hoodoo Child
zvex fuzz factory.

costs alot, but worth it

ahh, that could be worth a look. things where i live (tasmania, ass off the world) are like over twice the price of in the US. example, something worth $90 US is about 140-170 Aus but my guitar shop is the only one around and they charge $260 so im looking at $250 or something already for a boss or electro harmonix pedal so it could be over $300...

HAHA!
teh fuzz factory is leik teh bestess pedal evar!!1!!2!!8!

/matt bellamy fanboy (no offence intended to above posts)

+1 to the build a pedal idea, especially fuzz, some fuzzes are probably the easiest circuits apart from boosts. But if your dont wanna DIY it, then i might suggest a big muff or perhaps a voodoo labs superfuzz
Does anyone know if there is any difference in tone from the big muff and little big muff? because the little big muff would be a cheaper buy and its smaller to fit in my guitar case

HAHA!

I know your pain. (I want a fuzz too)

I've now gotta decide between the Russian Muff and American Muff.
Go American.
First off, nice to see another fuzz addict on this forum.

Have you considered looking into a modded Big Muff? I traded my Fender Blender (another pedal you may want to look into) for a Russian Big Muff with a Billy Corgan mod because it got the real thick fuzz sound I wanted even better than the Blender, and it didn't cut my volume.

Since you're in Australia, check out Dexter Mods. They're NZ based, but I'm pretty sure Dave won't be averse to shipping one to Tasmania for you.

Or if you're more keen on the Blender, check out http://rmcmusic.com.au/index.php?currency=AUD&main_page=index&cPath=235&sort=20a.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^from what i heard on a demo effects dvd that came with my metal muff, the american big muff is heaps fuzzier and epic than the russian

HAHA!
have a look on youtube at the demo's, just type in what fuzz pedal you're thinkin of buying.
Quote by cobaindrix
^from what i heard on a demo effects dvd that came with my metal muff, the american big muff is heaps fuzzier and epic than the russian

Stock, yeah, but modded the Russian Muff is way more insane than the American.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales