hey there, i've just decided to lood at the back of my amp to check what tubes it had, and they are Sylvania STR387. They are at least 10 years old, but have only been in use for the past 2 years since i've started playing. Are they a 'good' tube? I don't know anything about tubes, or how long they last. How much money are we talking when they need to be replaced?
thanks in advance
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
The price of tubes vary-they can go from 10 bux all the way to 70. A Sylvania one could be around 50-60.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Just do a search on them. I found some old Motorola 6V6's from an old 50/60's radio. All day, I thought I struck gold. Got home and did a search. $12 a piece. Oh well, they sound good in my champ.
this is something elses totally different but anyway, this old Boss Musicman of mine has the two tubes in the back. i don't know if they are power tubes, preamp tubes or what. as far as i can see, they are the only two in it. Perhaps its got regular circuitry instead of tubes?
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
Quote by cobaindrix
this is something elses totally different but anyway, this old Boss Musicman of mine has the two tubes in the back. i don't know if they are power tubes, preamp tubes or what. as far as i can see, they are the only two in it. Perhaps its got regular circuitry instead of tubes?

... "regular" circuitry?
if all the amp needs to achieve it's wattage is 2 tubes, then so be it.
I'm guessing you're thinking it's a hybrid amp though. Half tube half solid state, ALL "regular" circuitry.