Hi! I just got a new 3 way toggle in the post today for a straight swap with the old faulty one,unfortunately I don't know where to solder the wires to as the old one is different from the new.The old switch looks similar to this except it has only 3 lugs on one side and one on the other > http://www.stewmac.com/product_images/1lg/1217/Straight_Toggle_Switch_Detail.jpg and the new one is rectangular with 3 lugs exactly like this > http://www.playrecord.net/images/GT541-L.jpg .I'd appreciate any help on this cause if i can't do it meself then it's an extra tenner onto me guitar bill.
Dude, don't bother. Clean the contacts on the old switch to fix it - those things are purely mechanical, and there's nothing that can make them 'faulty'. Also, that new switch that you've bought is significantly worse than the old switch.

Way to downgrade.
Hi,cheers for the reply,how would i go about cleaning the contacts e.g what kind of solution do i use?
switchcleaner. get it from any electronics store...
Thank you please.
hi,thanks for the reply.I just replaced it earlier,it works a treat! thanks anyway for the help...in future i'll if i get any probs i'll remember to try cleaning the contacts first!
Yea the new switch you bought is called an "economy" switch. Less than half the money of the gibson style. Hard to believe carvin put an economy switch in my 1k guitar.
I'm getting ready to buy a new switch for my guitar as well and I'm glad I ran across this thread.

Where can I find a 'non-economy' switch. I tried every place in my favorites (where I usually shop) and I cannot for the life of me find one.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
It only cost me a fiver and as long as it lasts for atleast a year i'll be happy!does the job
Nevermind. I thought the enclosed one was the better of the two. Got it backwards.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame