i want to buy this guitar but i want to know if it can be setup to be in standard tuning??
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
yep
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
yeah just mess with the springs on the floyd rose, and keep tuning up until you get to standard.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by uk.mace
You could, but it's designed for low tunings, just as standard guitars are designed for standard tuning. Maybe get Corey Beaulieu's signtaure, or just a standard V or RR

If he wants the Demmelition, maybe that's what he wants lol.

And yeah, if you can't be arsed setting it up yourself, get some punk at a guitar store to do it... Wouldn't cost much. Just buy a set of 10-46's and mess with the springs on the FR
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Dec 23, 2008,
so if i put a lower gauge string on it liek 9's and adjust the spring tension and what not it should be fine??
Quote by Jesstaa
If he wants the Demmelition, maybe that's what he wants lol.

And yeah, if you can't be arsed setting it up yourself, get some punk at a guitar store to do it... Wouldn't cost much. Just buy a set of 10-46's and mess with the springs on the FR

I can see that, but it's not made for standard tunings! And 'messing with the springs on the FR' is not how it works. Seriously TS, you need to decide what's more important, your tuning or having Phil's signature guitar.
well if i change the strings and get it proffesional set up then it would be made for standard tuning right lol?
Quote by nathan549
so if i put a lower gauge string on it liek 9's and adjust the spring tension and what not it should be fine??

I'd go with 10's, they're a little fatter tonewise, good for metal (Guess that's what you're playng). And they'd probably take the use of the whammy better.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by uk.mace

I can see that, but it's not made for standard tunings! And 'messing with the springs on the FR' is not how it works. Seriously TS, you need to decide what's more important, your tuning or having Phil's signature guitar.

How can there be THAT much difference, same woods, same materials, same pickups. Just adjust the settings, and bam. One of the reasons they use heavier strings is so the tension keeps about the same.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by nathan549
well if i change the strings and get it proffesional set up then it would be made for standard tuning right lol?

No! FFS! The actual body and neck and whatever is made different (Different sizes and stuff) from a normal guitar so that it works better for lower tunings
Quote by uk.mace

No! FFS! The actual body and neck and whatever is made different (Different sizes and stuff) from a normal guitar so that it works better for lower tunings

They would only really effect the tone, not what the guitar can do. People use guitars they bought tuned/setup to standard and go to extreme dropped tunings. My mums bfs Jackson Kelly was set up for Standard, and for ages he had it in C, with no problems, sounded right, felt right.

So, why wouldn't it work the other way around, sure, it would sound different, but it still works.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Erm...its a 25.5" scale right?

Should be fine for standard with the right guage and setup

Correct me if I'm wrong of course
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
lol so i guess the demmelition is out of the question if it dosent go to standard "properly" hows the jackson sl3 soloist???
Quote by nathan549
lol so i guess the demmelition is out of the question if it dosent go to standard "properly" hows the jackson sl3 soloist???

It does go to standard properly, just might sound different, try and find somone who has one in standard, ask them what it sounds like.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
when you say it sounds different what exactly do u mean by that ?? cause like any guitar thats in a drop tuning will sound different wen u put it in standard tuning lol
The scale length on musician's friend is 25.5" (648mm)
So in this case, uk.mace is wrong
There are some guitars that are baritone and meant more for drop tunings like drop A and drop B but this one is not, it just comes shipped tuned to drop B.
So yeah, you can just go get it set up with a lighter gauge string and it should be fine.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by gucio93
The scale length on musician's friend is 25.5" (648mm)
So in this case, uk.mace is wrong
There are some guitars that are baritone and meant more for drop tunings like drop A and drop B but this one is not, it just comes shipped tuned to drop B.
So yeah, you can just go get it set up with a lighter gauge string and it should be fine.

oh sweet thanks for that and thanks to jesstaa aswell
Quote by nathan549
oh sweet thanks for that and thanks to jesstaa aswell

No probs, just glad to know I could be of help, if you get it, hope it works great for you =)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
thanks man il post pics wen i get it, got some saving to do though ahah so expensive here in australia
Quote by nathan549
thanks man il post pics wen i get it, got some saving to do though ahah so expensive here in australia

Hey cool, you're an Aussie too... And tell me about it man, everything is like... Yeah. But hey, it means our music should be even better, because we dedicate more for it.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
woo go aussies :P. yeh thats so true man