Poll Options
View poll results: bodom or maiden
bodom
12 27%
maiden
33 73%
Voters: 45.
Quote by cannerwrestling
me and my friend had a fight on whos music is better is words of difficulty and awesome riffage

Maiden, Sabbath and bands like that are what inspired todays heavy metal and hardcore or whatever u wanna call it so original is best cause they created it
This is like asking whether Led Zeppelin is better than some nameless alt-rock band. Not saying Bodom sucks or anything, just saying that it's impossible to compare them because Maiden is classic and timeless while Bodom still has yet to prove itself.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
BIG difference here. technically, Bodom is much harder to play, but Maiden was about 20 years before them. More appropriate would be Priest vs. Maiden or Bodom vs. Nevermore or someone (even though both of them are pretty unique at the moment)
Quote by skankingeasy
I always thought Clapton never lived up to his potential.

Quote by Chrisiphone
My grandma didn't have built in effects

Quote by Gargantuan

We are not worthy

Quote by Scoopy_3
A7x own!!!

^the ultimate argument agaisnt a7x.
umm difficulty Bodom i think,

Riffage maiden.

Maiden was an inspiration to bodom (Not soo much as in style but they've payed tributes to maiden before) Plus these two are incredibly different (I'm a huge fan of both, these are my two absolute favorite metal bands)

Bodom does have some incredibly killer riffs and licks but they aren't as timeless as maiden's riffs, When im 90 years old I'll be able to hear the trooper and remember the first place i was when i heard that song, however if you asked me at that same time to list the songs of Are you Dead yet? I'd probably become confused and a bit offended.
Quote by Veritas69
Maiden, Sabbath and bands like that are what inspired todays heavy metal and hardcore or whatever u wanna call it so original is best cause they created it

lol not to pick a fight but from what you just said your basically saying the rolling stones are better than the Derek Trucks band, originals/classics aren't always the best lol being the first has nothing to do with being better at it then anyone else
Maiden.

By far.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Maiden, they don't suck.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Ummm, I do believe vs. threads are against the rules

*reported*
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
technically definately bodom.

But like some people said earlier, maiden is timeless.
Last edited by metallica144 at Dec 23, 2008,
Quote by ravioli123
Ummm, I do believe vs. threads are against the rules

*reported*

UMMMMMM you are a douche bag i just wanted to settle an argument and get opinions im not trying to cause a war dude
Quote by cannerwrestling
UMMMMMM you are a douche bag i just wanted to settle an argument and get opinions im not trying to cause a war dude

Hey, don't attack me, settle your arguement yourself. Want my opinion?? Your arguement is ridiculous, 2 completely different bands who both have good music, just listen to them and stop acting like a child.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
im not trying to attack man i like both and think both are awesome me and friend just had to settle this with people that actually know the music unlike were we live where everyone listens to country and rap music
Quote by GBcommander
Its against the rules to do vs threads. So Ravioli had every right to report you.

Exactly what I was going to say.
Quote by cannerwrestling
me and my friend had a fight on whos music is better is words of difficulty and awesome riffage

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Maiden's riffs are unbeatable.
alright it was a one time thing and will NEVER happen again it just was a thing we had to settle i am sorry for making this thread