never got into them really. vocals are weird.

edit - i do like bits and pieces, but i just tried again and feel the same way.
new vocals or old?

do you have the discography? because the beginning of the discog, wasn't his voice, per say, he was using something to project his voice because he destroyed it years before. The later tracks on the discog are his real voice like Exit 29, It's More Like a Present to You, The Teacher to His Pupil.
The "voice" is kind of strange but i like it. The instrumentation is great too
AWESOME BAND, seems this side of the forum is getting into a few more emo/screamo bands.

I love Double who, double you, it's great, but all their songs are. I don't think the vocals are weird, rather special. The guitarist from the band I'm joining has a some sort of same scream actually, it's tight.

Yamaha RBX A2
Ampeg BA600-115 1 x 15 Bass Combo
Apparently the vocalist puked up blood during shows. Dig this band though.
12 fret fury
He probably has some pretty damaged vocal chords then. They're still great though.

Yamaha RBX A2
Ampeg BA600-115 1 x 15 Bass Combo
I feel sorry for his throat, I bet he talks like Ned Gerblansky from South Park now.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I love this band, definitely one of my favorites.
They are a very important, and sentimental band for me.
This was true emotional expression in tangible form.
Quote by SadistNation
new vocals or old?

do you have the discography? because the beginning of the discog, wasn't his voice, per say, he was using something to project his voice because he destroyed it years before. The later tracks on the discog are his real voice like Exit 29, It's More Like a Present to You, The Teacher to His Pupil.

im not really sure if its new or old, i dont have a recording just a few odd tunes ive heard over the years. ive been really giving these guys a chance, just reading about them makes them sound interesting but so far i just cant get into it.
Their vocalist apparently never used a mic live before he passed out while recording.
Tiger style.
the split with Orchid (the 'skull') was on ebay for a while
my gf wanted it but someone outbid her
How ironic is it that when I opened this thread the ad banner was 'Learn voice techniques online with Berkleemusic.com'

All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
I have heard of this band but never really checked them out. What is a good starting point?
Quote by kevinm4435
Their vocalist apparently never used a mic live before he passed out while recording.

Never used a mic live? I'm assuming they never played big shows? Or..loud..shows?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Very loud shows, not big, they were an emo band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx-vsu4z8Os
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5nhxKAx9xM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5-NUzEfBfk

Starting point:
-Get their discog
-Start with these songs:
-It's More Like A Message To You
-Exit 29 Collapsed As I Drove By
-A Second Grade Art Project
-Thirty Dollar Bill
Sounds very...passionate. I think I will get that discog.

So really, is the vocalist able to speak clearly anymore?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
this band is great but a lot of their material is unlistenable due to poor recording quality.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I actually really like the sound of the vocals. On some songs the recording gets pretty bad but nothing unbearable, I thought.
Quote by SadistNation
I like it more because of the poor quality, it adds for some bands, JD is one of those bands.

this. i would probably enjoy good production even more though if they had them. haha
Why did i not see this thread earlier? I love JD so much. Everyone who doenst like the vocals or whatever are just posers. The only songs with bad production quality or whatever are the live songs off the discog. Everything else is MEANT TO SOUND LIKE THAT.

"super melodic" is a funny descriptor. A lot of their stuff is very dissonant. I'm not saying there arent melodies, but they werent really the focus.

Always ready to talk about Jeromes Dream.
Quote by dkeshiki
Why did i not see this thread earlier? I love JD so much. Everyone who doenst like the vocals or whatever are just posers. The only songs with bad production quality or whatever are the live songs off the discog. Everything else is MEANT TO SOUND LIKE THAT.

"super melodic" is a funny descriptor. A lot of their stuff is very dissonant. I'm not saying there arent melodies, but they werent really the focus.

Always ready to talk about Jeromes Dream.

Right.
Quote by dkeshiki

yea the production really isn't that bad. certainly not unlistenable like whoever said up there.
Seriously. More militancy!

Nah, I get why people get hung up on it, but there's so much more to JD than a high pitched voice.
But think about it, if you are screaming over a full band, no mic, that sound isnt going to cut through unless it's in a high register (believe me I've tried). There's a reason for it, it's been thought through. It's easy to write this group off as a novelty, but there's so much more to it.

That's all.
Quote by dkeshiki
Seriously. More militancy!

Nah, I get why people get hung up on it, but there's so much more to JD than a high pitched voice.
But think about it, if you are screaming over a full band, no mic, that sound isnt going to cut through unless it's in a high register (believe me I've tried). There's a reason for it, it's been thought through. It's easy to write this group off as a novelty, but there's so much more to it.

That's all.

There's scientific reasoning as to why you won't cut through too; with all the instruments taking up more or less every possible frequency from 30Hz to 4kHz (and then intensities start to lessen at this point) unless you can yell a C louder than you can play one through an amp, you're going to be edged out. Another way to go about this is analyze what bandwidth range has the least activity in it and try to scream in that range. I had to do this at practices for a few months until I got a mic.

I didn't bother reading the thread; I'm unaware as to whether or not masking has been brought up yet. If it has, sorry, my bad.

Also, wooo, Jeromes Dream!
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!