Hi. I need some tips on strumming fast and palm muting at the same time. Take a look at this picture:

I've highlighted the parts I'm talking about. You just see 0-2, but I really have trouble when a 3rd string comes in. My problem is that I can't strum the same way I do without palm muting - my strumming seems more like picking individual strings (which is not what I want it to be)

Thanks for any tips or advice =)
Btw song is sequoia throne by Protest the hero
You're wrist just isn't strong enough now. I've worked quite a lot to get my muted "punk rock" strumming as fast and as steady as it is now, it just takes practice.
I do the muting with my forearm so i can still get the alternate strokes in, bit weird i know
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
yep +1 to practice, and a metronome helps a great deal.
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
i was wondering if tips from the economy picking tutorial on UG would still apply:
a) touching with only the very tip of the pick (seem to have a bad habit of digging too deep when palm muting)
b) going at a downwards diagonal
Quote by crazlunatic
i was wondering if tips from the economy picking tutorial on UG would still apply:
a) touching with only the very tip of the pick (seem to have a bad habit of digging too deep when palm muting)
b) going at a downwards diagonal

Yeah those would help but i wouldn't worry about things like that until you have a strong foundation to build upon. No amount of tips in the world will be able to help you until you get you wrist stronger and get used to just picking 2 or 3 strings at a time, remember to start slow and start listening to some punk rock if you aren't already, most songs have lots of fast power chord riffs with palm muted sections, that will really help you get the strumming down.
all you have to do is strum like you normally would, but put the tip of your palm on the strings right behind the last pickup