I'm not very good when it comes to amps so i need some advice on which new one to buy. My current amp is a pile of crap! My budget is £100-£140 and i've got my eye on two amps already

Marshall MG30 DFX 30 Watt Combo

and

Line 6 Spider 3 30 Combo

I like playing metal and rock so if you have any other recommendations on amps please tell me. I would like an amp with built in effects also.

Thanks
For that price i'd save for something else, i stay away from the modelling amps. Try the new Peavey Bandit, it's around 180 pounds, and it's very versatile. I'm yet to find an amp with distortion capabilities that good for the price, and the cleans are crystal clear.
I'LL ALWAYS NEED THIS
I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU
I'd buy the Spider over the Marshall, you can tweak it a lot more and even though when you get something better you won't be able to stand hearing the Spider again, I say as a temporary solution it's not too bad.
I've had one for a while, and while I had it I enjoyed it, though now with my Valveking my ears've gotten used to tube, and the Spider sounds too 'lifeless'.. so.. Just get the Spider unless you're thinking of upgrading again shortly after buying it. It's okay to have for a while, but not as something permanent.
They're both rubbish, there's better amps available for the same money - what kind of stuff do you play?

[EDIT] O right, rock and metal...Peavey Vypyr, Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix then.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
For the rock part, or anything upto right before metal, I'd go with the Vox.
Awesome tone for almost everything.

It can't do super saturated tones though (i mean really high gain Children of bodom type stuff)....for that, you might need a pedal.

Some types of metal it can do really well though.
They are both crappy but the MG is just crappier
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by steven seagull

[EDIT] O right, rock and metal...Peavey Vypyr, Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix then.

Yea pretty much that. Unless you find something decent used somewhere.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.