Im recently considering a new amp to replace my old marshall md15, i went and played on the ROLAND CUBE 15X and the PEAVEY VYPR 15 and i like the tone on the peavey more but i heard bad stories about power issues setting in after a while, what do you think
i'd go with the ROland, it is much more reliable than peaveys
I wouldn't get a Roland if it was free. I have played on them and they sound horrible. I would choose the Peavey hands down.

John
For the level of playing, i'd prolly say the vypyr
doesn't do much for me, but it's big brother's okay for a jam in the local shop.
I'LL ALWAYS NEED THIS
I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU
spend a bit more and you can get one of those crate v series tube amps. i'd buy one if i had a job
Quote by johnro6659
I wouldn't get a Roland if it was free. I have played on them and they sound horrible. I would choose the Peavey hands down.

John

Try to find an amp that really sound good in that price range, and cubes don't sound horrible, I own one and I like the tone I get from it.
Quite honestly, why not save up a bit and get a small tube combo or a used Line6 Flextone?

The amps you're looking at are better than your MG, but I'd not buy a cheap beginner's amp if I already had one, just seems like a waste of money to me.
the tone improvement will be incredibly minor. volume's the same, all you're paying for is a little more overdrive. might as well save up for at least a 30W. Most will tell you that wattage doesn't matter, but the fact is no amp maker is going to put a celestion speaker into a 15W amp. That's why there's such a huge difference between the line 6 spider 3 75w, and the 15w.

take a look at some of the Raven amps they have at Guitar Center, they're inexpensive, simple, and take effects very well so you can upgrade on them later on.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by shk89
spend a bit more and you can get one of those crate v series tube amps. i'd buy one if i had a job

Still only $50 more than the ones he listed, and it's a great amp for the money. It's not really voiced for metal though it may pull it off at lower volumes.
Or save up more and start looking at used stuff.