When i went out to try the ibanez art-100 i am getting i saw the jackson js30rr and i tried sitting and playing and i had the partial wing in my balls and i was thinking, there is no way you can sit and play this for long periods of time, i wish they had the great look of a V but that ou could sit, the warrior is a sweet shape but they didnt have it so i didnt try it
I have a VMNT and have no problem playing it for long periods of time...
I usually manage an hour and a half to 2 hours until my back starts hurting, then I just stand up and play it.
I dont think your holding it right....?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
There is an accessory for V's that gives it the same bottom shape as a Strat or Les Paul shaped guitar, so you can sit down with it, but I forgot the name..
only pussies play sat down...unless they're an amputee
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
I just got an RR3 two days ago. You take the bottom wing and place it under your thigh so the headstock points out at an angle. great for solo's. but it's like bikerboyjosh said. play it standing up.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by ktyler789
When i went out to try the ibanez art-100 i am getting i saw the jackson js30rr and i tried sitting and playing and i had the partial wing in my balls and i was thinking, there is no way you can sit and play this for long periods of time, i wish they had the great look of a V but that ou could sit, the warrior is a sweet shape but they didnt have it so i didnt try it

Heres your problem, dont poke your bollocks with a gutiar, its bound to hurt

Joking aside its not that bad, hurt my back more than anything when i first got my RR3
I tend to play standing alot more now anyway.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
I find with Vs it can be helpful to play them classical style, if you sit with your legs apart and put the bottom wing between them so the middle of the V behind the bridge rests against your thigh it's pretty comfortable and as Ishiga says it's actually quite an easy position to play in.
Quote by Waylanderau
I find with Vs it can be helpful to play them classical style, if you sit with your legs apart and put the bottom wing between them so the middle of the V behind the bridge rests against your thigh it's pretty comfortable and as Ishiga says it's actually quite an easy position to play in.

You sir, are a winner. That's exactly how you're supposed to sit with them.

I find my RR3 to be more comfy than my Strat, probably because the weight is being spread across both thighs, and not just on one leg.
Quote by Vittu0666
You sir, are a winner. That's exactly how you're supposed to sit with them.

*chuckle* That wisdom was dearly bought. I remember when I got my first V I had the damn thing slide off my lap and fall on the floor a number of times. If I remember correctly I may have even stabbed myself in the nuts a couple of times as well
stick a piece of rubber on the bottom point with 2 sided tape that's what i did with my old v... then Gibson started selling them with that piece already attached and i don't even get royalties
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by Waylanderau

Am i missing something here? You find it to be helpful to sit playing them classical style? wtf...how the hell else do you play them.

Please don't play or own a V unless you play it classical style...
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
*shrugs* Well, you could play standing or just hang on real tight and try not to let it slide away :P
yes, standing is of course an option no matter what and is imo extremely necessary, but playing a V sitting in any position other than classical is sacrilegious.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Fair enough. I prefer to stand with a V, it gives you much better posing opportunities
Got one going on as a project ATM actually, using the ESP NV shape. Hopefully should come up OK
Playing with a V which has a 3/4 size V body, but regular everything else, gets real hard!
But on other Vs just make sure you don't hold it too close to your bollocks.
Yep its pretty much classic position, but in the other leg.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic