I'm thinking of getting a 7 string. Probably this Dean Vendetta, Its only like 200 dollars at musicians friend.
I'm sure because of the price, the pickups suck.. I looked on youtube, and the neck pickup is good for cleans.. but I couldnt find anyone that played metal. thats the music I play, So i want to know a good passive bridge pickup for metal. thanks.

Austin
Save for the Schecter I would say, it will last longer in the end.

If you have to put a new pickup in either guitar I would say a 7 string Duncan Distortion in the bridge. I'm generally against changing pickups unless it's really necessary though, and you have a good amp already.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
whats up with everyone and shecter . . . .they look nasty :S

get an ibanez RG7321 or the 7 string xiphos (i dunno how to spelll it) type thing and then get duncan blackouts in it . . much better and it wont play like a bassball bat
Equipment:
PRS SE custom Cherryburst
dean razorback V (green/black) currently on ebay
Digitech Death metal pedal [wanting to sell - £15]
Zoom G1X [wanting to sell - £25]
Line6 UX1 (with metal shop add on)
New amp / bandwagon.
Seriously, you worry about pickups when you play (metal ) on a frontman?

But if I had to choose - go with the Schecter.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
i second getting an iby. but imo the best passive 7 string pups are bareknuckles.
With the Damien, you won't be able to use passives when you decide to take out the EMG Hz's.
I suggest saving up more or an Schecter Omen/Ibanez RG7321/LTD SC-207
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I own an Ibanez RG-7321, and I love the thing. All it needs is a tighter pickup in the bridge. I'd put in an EMG 707, but you're looking for passive, and EMG doesn't make a passive 7-string p/u as far as I'm aware But yeah, the Ibanez RG-7321 is a good way to go.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I own an Ibanez RG-7321, and I love the thing. All it needs is a tighter pickup in the bridge. I'd put in an EMG 707, but you're looking for passive, and EMG doesn't make a passive 7-string p/u as far as I'm aware But yeah, the Ibanez RG-7321 is a good way to go.
im putting in a Dimarzio D-Sonic 7 in my Rg7321, i just need to know which end i should put the rail towards
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...