my crate in my sig is very close to what tone i want

i think i might get a new OD pedal in februrary when my mom gets income tax along with a flanger and phase shifter and mabye a chorus or delay or something but right now im using a Boss SD-1 and it has to much feedback but has some pretty good tone to it

just wondering if anyone can point me to a better OD or mabye a compressor to get rid of excess noise
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Compressors don't get rid of noise, they add noise when the lower volume notes are boosted, plus you won't really hear any difference except when you use it with a clean tone. Get a noise gate, I use and would recommend the ISP decimator to cut down on your noise. If you stick one in your fx loop as well as the front of your amp, you get double-gating which kills pretty much all your excess noise but you have to dial in carefully to stop your sustain from going.

Anyway, try a chorus with your dirty sound for a hair metal tone!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7
BC Rich NJ Classic Mockingbird

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
my amp im not sure if it has a loop it has one jack that says insert and 2 footswitch jacks and one speaker extension jack
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by NGMF-Sam
my amp im not sure if it has a loop it has one jack that says insert and 2 footswitch jacks and one speaker extension jack

Probably not then but a gate in front of the amp works fine for getting rid of noise for stage use. I think double gating is used more in recording scenarios to get rid of the hiss from valve amps...
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7
BC Rich NJ Classic Mockingbird

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
Mick Mars of Motley Crue mixes in a good bit of reverb and a little slap delay to thicken up his sound

If you can't get the tone with what you have, just get a custom made Marshall with knobs that all go to eleven
yeah live you only really need one gate in the end of your input chain. i still get a little buzz from the eq and delay in the loop, but i wanted the gate to get rid of feedback and screeching. If you double gate work with the settings to be sure your getting good sustain