I'm just changing strings for the first time on my new(ish) guitar, a secondhand JS100 which has what I presume to be an Edge III trem.
Now I say I presume because, I noticed something very odd when changing strings; the ball ends were left on the strings it came with, in the trem end. I've already changed one of the strings the regular Floyd Rose way, ball-ends taken off, but I'm having trouble removing the old strings from the bridge conventionally becasue of the ball ends and it's getting on my nerves. So, is this normal, or could the previous owner have changed the trem for someting else?
Sounds like the previous owner was just a retard who didn't realise that you had to take the ball ends off the strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
hmmm, I can't see how the ball ends would even fit in edge 3 saddles.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by steven seagull
Sounds like the previous owner was just a retard who didn't realise that you had to take the ball ends off the strings.

This. Also, when you put the new strings in, put the ball ends at the tuners. Saves a lot of hassle.
Quote by which ones pink
This. Also, when you put the new strings in, put the ball ends at the tuners. Saves a lot of hassle.

+1
Quote by which ones pink

nice advice (you beat me to it )
String with the ball ends at the headstock, and lock the other end at the bridge. It stops you pricking yourself with the overhanging string ends, and it looks pretty cool if you have coloured D'Addario string ball ends up top.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by turtlewax
hmmm, I can't see how the ball ends would even fit in edge 3 saddles.

looks to me like it was strung up through the trem cavity.

Ugh. It's not a problem, just a bleeding inconvenience, so it turns out.
Thanks for the help.
wow that person was retarded. and nice guitar! i played one at a pawm shop and it played like glass. although they wanted like $475USD for it. what did you pay?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by Prophet of Page
String with the ball ends at the headstock, and lock the other end at the bridge. It stops you pricking yourself with the overhanging string ends, and it looks pretty cool if you have coloured D'Addario string ball ends up top.

Waist of time leaving extra string lenth on a guitar, cut short after replacing and it looks better.
Quote by Prophet of Page

yeaaaahhh
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by f22master
wow that person was retarded. and nice guitar! i played one at a pawm shop and it played like glass. although they wanted like $475USD for it. what did you pay?

£399. It was a pretty good deal on the grounds that they're way more expensive here. Unfortunately, it was set up like a DOG. The intonation was all wrong and the action was screwed, so I'm going to have it done professionally.

I think the previous owner put an Edge Pro in it. The pictures I've seen of the Edge III are different from what's in the guitar right now, which is far more similar to the Edge Pro, which would explain how the ball ends fit.

If I put some pics up, will anybody be able to identify it once and for all? If I have an Edge Pro JS100, I will be a happy happy man.
Quote by Rock Pig
£399. It was a pretty good deal on the grounds that they're way more expensive here. Unfortunately, it was set up like a DOG. The intonation was all wrong and the action was screwed, so I'm going to have it done professionally.

I think the previous owner put an Edge Pro in it. The pictures I've seen of the Edge III are different from what's in the guitar right now, which is far more similar to the Edge Pro, which would explain how the ball ends fit.

If I put some pics up, will anybody be able to identify it once and for all? If I have an Edge Pro JS100, I will be a happy happy man.

You wont know who can identify it until you post it :3
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Ahah. Problem solved.
The serial number tells me this was manufactured in 2005. After doing my research it appears that 2005 models had Edge Pro II trems, which are visually difficult to distinguish from their bigger brothers. This is no OFR, but it's far from as bad as the Edge III, and should I need to, the Edge Pro will be a straight retrofit.

Thanks all. Much appreciated.