can anyone give me a plan or something which you used to use to gradually increase your speed up
I dont know about that, but i can give you a few small tips: just "nudge" strings with your pick, and dont hold it parallel to your strings, made a huge difference of me.
and practice things like thre "gallop" and "reverse" gallop at slow tempos, say 66 BPM, until youre in PERFECT time, then slowly work up.

Hope i helped, good luck man
Last.fm!

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Worry about learning to play the guitar and focus on playing accurately, cleanly and in time - speed will develop naturally at its own pace.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ he speaks the truth, as does the Seagull man.

In order to be able to play fast, you have to be able to play efficiently. If you make efficient playing your goal, the speed comes along as a by product.

Read the sticky at the top of the forum - there is a lot of good material there in this basic vein.
Quote by steven seagull
Worry about learning to play the guitar and focus on playing accurately, cleanly and in time - speed will develop naturally at its own pace.

+1

Actually have fun playing the guitar, forget about speed, this will come naturally over time if you practice correctly. Learn some songs by your favourite bands, start with their easy ones and work up to their hard ones - this is where you'll increase your playing ability.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
practice every variation of alternate picking. inside and outside picking, with scales. The key here is the steady rhythm, so using a metronome would be beneficial.