I have a Squier Strat that has some forward neck bow. My strings are low (action wise) on the lower frets and pretty high on the higher frets. After checking some other threads, I'm pretty sure it's the truss rod, so I was wondering how I would adjust to counteract the forward neck bow on a Squier. I was also wondering if this would also lower the action of my strings, because that is the main reason I realized the bow in the first place. Thanks in advance.
Sounds like a rod adjustment could fix all that.

Look online for some tutorials, and take your time.

Disclaimer: This is how I did it. Don't break your junk and blame it on me.

The way I did it was like this. First I checked for bow. I fretted a string (E) at the first fret, then fretted the same string at the 14 fret at the same time(with my pinky finger on my right hand). I then reached with my pointer on the right hand to the 6th fret and fretted the string, monitoring how far it moved. I set my truss to where that string barely moved before it touched at the 6th fret. If you do this and your string is already touching, you have backbow, but from your description, it sounds like it's forward bow.

There could be other things that are more complex than I have like a twisted neck, or more than one bow but hopefully not.
just click the green link in my sig.

look at the first post, measure and post back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
While we're on the subject of string height, does anyone know if there's a special tool I can get at like a guitar shop for the action of the strings? My hex wrenches aren't small enough...
they should have small allen wrenches. i actually picked up a multipurpose tool a few years ago from a local music store that has all sorts of gadgets for doing guitar work.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by al112987
they should have small allen wrenches. i actually picked up a multipurpose tool a few years ago from a local music store that has all sorts of gadgets for doing guitar work.

+1
i got some at home depot. even local hardware stores.
you want to know that there are metric and imperial sizes.

sometimes those are closer than music stores. just adding.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by Rockin'15
Ok cool, is there anything else I should know about adjusting the action?

Just make sure you check the intonation after you get through, it usually puts it off a little. Other than that, just set the string height to how it feels comfortable to you.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
not really, it's pretty easy and forgiving.

if you run into trouble, the link has a picture, and you can always ask.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62