Hey guys I'm planning on going to a guitar shop in like the next 3 hours to buy a Ibanez S470DXQM and a Roland Micro Amp. I was wondering if the amp comes with the cables to plug into the guitar. If not what cables should I get. What kind of picks should I get also like the sizes? (Play any kind of music but not metal/heavy rock). Is there anything else I need to get started because Im going to start playing. Would I need any kind of music books for beginners and what kind? One last thing is there anything else I will need?

Thanks for the help and this will be the last time I ever post a lot of questions.
you need to buy the cable separately, any kind is fine.
any picks should be fine too
Rockin' shit
Well your probably gonna have to get your self a cable as I don't you will get one with the amp, i recommend any of the planet wave cables as they seem to get the job done for me

As for plectrums, if you aint too sure just buy a few different ones and then you can get a feel for which ones work the best for you, ohhhh and you will probably need a guitar strap aswell

Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
Usually when you buy a new guitar the cable comes with it in the box. But its a cheep one that will break very soon.
Thx for the help guys but I was wondering, what will be a good length for a cable and should I just learn stuff from the lessons page on this website or should I buy those music books that they use in schools?
Quote by Korea Rocks
Thx for the help guys but I was wondering, what will be a good length for a cable and should I just learn stuff from the lessons page on this website or should I buy those music books that they use in schools?

Not so long that it will get tangled up and become a pain in the rear, and long enough so that you can sit in your practice spot and not pull the cord out if you yank your guitar up suddenly or anything like that.

btw, im south korean =]
^ what this guy said

As for Books it solely depends on what type of person you are, when i started out i had lessons and they really did benefit my playing (had an awesome guitar teacher) but recently i've had to stop lessons due to money issues and i hate to admit it but i have seen a decline in my playing , if i were you I'd get a book that covers all the basics but atleast have a few lessons just to set you on the right tracks

Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
Where, what and how you learn is up to you. Tabs here can make songs pretty easy or hard depending on which one, lol. But lessons at first are a good idea if that's possible for you. I wouldn't start with a $600 guitar and a $120 amp. The guitar you chose is a great one, but it has a locking trem which for any beginner is more of a pain in the ars than its worth. Keeping it in tune would be a major hassle. Consider starting with a "fixed bridge" guitar, it will be easier for you to tune and enough to get familiar with as you learn. The MicroCube is a great practice amp for the money. Also check out a vox Da5 and a vypyr 15watt while you are there. Consider a G400 epiphone or ibanez art100 or 300. Just trying to help!
Well I dont really have time for like lessons with guitar teachers because I already have a tutor for english and math :S. Oh and gregs1020 on the ibanez website it says the S470DXQM has a zero resistence trem and you said it has locking trem so im confused :S.
Well seriously they can be a bich for someone who is just starting out. Trust me, 20 some years ago I was in your shoes. It looks like every locking trem system I have seen. Just trying to help, tuning and installing new strings can be a bit of a pain compared to a fixed bridge set up until you are familiar with them. Best!
YIKES LOL. Im still confused it says it has zero resistence trem so how can it have both that and locking trem :S thats my question lol. Sorry if Im pissing you off.
It is a type of locking trem, the "zero resistance" trem. I copied this out of the first review I found. "The ZR tremolo is no harder to work with than any other locking trem, once you get it setup. Changing strings is standard locking trem stuff."
You didn't upset me at all, you just aren't familiar with locking trems which goes to my point. They can be tough for some newer players to set up and adjust, fixed bridges are much easier for the new player. Good luck!
Get A Capo
Hack up her body, put it in plastic bags, and dump it in the woods. This will get you a laugh 9 times out of 10.

So, how are your iPods and your games, and your $200 jeans this Christmas. I got a ceramic horse.

Exo M6

OWNED
I'd buy an Ibanez with a fixed bridge as others have said. It'll be way easier and you can experiment with different tunings and stuff as much as u like with little hassle.

Also BUY A TUNER.

Maybe some polish as well and a cloth? Not really necessary but I like to take time out and polish my guitar somtimes, it's therapeutic.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
a guitar tuner! A little $20 Korg CA30 will be fine.
i'm self taught, and i used some old guitar books form the 70's, you basicly want to learn the basic chords first, then go to tabs to get some more tequniques down. as for the amp, just go with a cheap one, and i would perfer light picks so you dont break strings, light picks never break strings, no matter how hard you strike the crap out of em.