Hey UG,
Let me first off say that i thought this was a scam, but that was until I saw my friend with his Macbook Pro worth at like 2500 bucks that he got it off of for FREE off the net!!!

I got mine this morning in the mail....it only took 7 weeks, but was well worth it

I need to get a recording program, not sure what one to get, but like the macbook pro comes with garage band, which is decent but I need something with more constructible. theres no EQ when recording. the effects on the program are dull. i heard pro tools is good but im going to need a good reccomendation. you guys have any?
how professional do you want you recordings to sound?
I recommend protools LE or m-powered and buy one of those plugin packs. That will probably get you the best sounding finished products. The mbox factory packs are pretty sweet too. If you are going to record drums, then getting something like a 003 or profire.

Another option is going the route of cubase. I honestly don't like cubase, it just works all wiggidy whack. and I don't like any of the stock plugins that it comes with.

what I used to do for demos is run my recto recording pre into a tascam us122 and that into sony acid pro. The stock plugins in acidpro react pretty well, but they sound incredibly artificial if you push them past a certain point. Acid pro is the easiest software to get acquainted with though...
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
I heard of a program once called "Google", it's supposed to be pretty good.
Quote by Will K.
I heard of a program once called "Google", it's supposed to be pretty good.

yeah but people on here have first hand experience with the product. then thats better. every company tries to make the product sound great, but most of the time its crap. it seems the guy above you knows what hes talking about.
Quote by tenaciousjp
yeah but people on here have first hand experience with the product. then thats better. every company tries to make the product sound great, but most of the time its crap. it seems the guy above you knows what hes talking about.

yes, i know. it was a joke. he is right, pro tools has a steep learning curve, but it is the most comprehensive program. acid pro has the easiest curve, but isn't as in-depth. i know what i'm talking about too, i was just being the typical wiseass UG'er haha. but really, read reviews, try it out if you can. see which one you like the best.
Quote by Will K.
yes, i know. it was a joke. he is right, pro tools has a steep learning curve, but it is the most comprehensive program. acid pro has the easiest curve, but isn't as in-depth. i know what i'm talking about too, i was just being the typical wiseass UG'er haha. but really, read reviews, try it out if you can. see which one you like the best.

Protools is certainly one of the less steep learning curves as far as I can tell. Compared to logic, cubase, sonar and reaper it is far easier to use. Plus version 8 looks like it is going to kick ass. Pity there are no decent interfaces for using le properly and i'd rather be raped in the ass by mandingo than pay full price for HD!
Gats:
Fender US Vintage 70's Strat, Modded Epi LP, Ibanez RBM-1
Amp:
Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20
Pedals:
Catalinbread Semaphore, Red WitchPhaser, Line 6 FM-4, Ibanez SM-9, Ibanez SD-9, Morely Bad Horsie, TC Electronic Nova Delay
I have a few questions with cubase SX3 and how it's used but it has a great deal of stuff and it's widely available on bitlord
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio