I just looked at the tabs for My Generation, and was shocked by how easy the song was.
I want to hear any good rock or blues song that involved important chords and chord progressions.
I heard Back in Black was very critical for many guitarists but not that song because everyone seems to play it.

Yeah I want to play blues mainly but I fail as a guitarist if I don't learn how to play chords...
Not power chords, barre chords and open chords would be nice.
just learn them without a song?

Just play a generic chord progression with bar chords and then with open chords or something

like - Am-C-G-F
Anything AC/DC. I guarantee you can play it exept mayby the solos if your just starting out.
Proud owner of a Les Paul
If you're looking for practice on chords, try "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC, or "Rock N' Roll Train" also by AC/DC.
If you want to know vital chords, all of the open major chords. It is also good to know seventh chord if you're a blues guy. Power chords are easy, if you know how to play them, just practise them as they are the basis to countless rock songs.

To practise power chords, I'd suggest some Green Day, or Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. For chords, just pick your favorite songs and learn to strum along with them.
Do you ever start a thread that doesn't primarily consist of whining?

If you like a song then learn to play it - how hard is that? Why does it matter if other people play it, stop worrying about your image so much.

If it turns out to be simpler than expected then whoopee, you've learned a song you love and it was pretty easy.

If it turns out to be harder than you expected then whoopee, it's a bit more challenging and you've no doubt learned a few new things from it.

If it turns out to be exactly what you expected then whoopee, you've got a canny knack of judging the difficulty of a song and matching it with your own ability level.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I want to learn all the open ones and the seventh ones.

A lot of you seem to say AC/DC, and you're probably right because that's what makes Malcolm Young one of the greatest rhythm guitarits of all time.
Highway to hell seems like a good pick.
If you want a band that uses 7th chords then look at the Beatles, but in all honestly there's craploads of music out there for you to choose from. Just buy one of those big old fake books, I have one that used to belong to my dad in the 70's, has about 500 songs in it!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com