Page 1 of 2
Hey Pit. I just want your general opinions really - do you associate the Ford KA with females more than males?

Basically, this is what I'll probably end up having as a first car, but everyone I've mentioned the KA to immediately reacted saying it was a 'girl's car'. So what do you think?

On the subject, does anyone have any suggestions for a good, reliable first car?

Thanks Pit
yes it is a girls car IMO

but if its your first car then its all good. especially if you are buying it from your own money and financing it by yourself.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Its usualy woman and male hairdressers you see in them, that said, a car is a car and you'll be th one laughing when you drive past a bus stop.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I duno.

Its a bit of both really. Depends on what colour because the Black does look really sleak and manly while the yellow, well.. no

PSN ID: ArranP
What you want is an old Ford Capri
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
Quote by midi pure
yes it is a girls car IMO

but if its your first car then its all good. especially if you are buying it from your own money and financing it by yourself.

I will be paying for most of it, but my parents are going to help me out a bit with the insurance and such.
I've NEVER even one of those before, but according to Wiki, they've been making them since 1996... are they common in Europe?

As far as suggestions go, Toyotas are supposed to be the most reliable car to buy, but I don't have much experience in that area.
Quote by mulletboy14
I've NEVER even one of those before, but according to Wiki, they've been making them since 1996... are they common in Europe?

As far as suggestions go, Toyotas are supposed to be the most reliable car to buy, but I don't have much experience in that area.

+1

I'm getting a Yaris for my first car. Cheapest car I could find to insure plus its a 5 door

Not a feminine car. Its a freakin gay car. Dude I'm sorry, but when I saw the "Ford- Ka" thing on the homepage, and since I already know what it is, I'm in here to tell you to Buy a used car
Whats a sig?
Quote by mulletboy14

I have a feeling they don't do them outside of Europe, though don't hold me to that. And yes, they are extremely common. In fact, it's pretty hard to drive down a street without seeing one.
It is still a car, better than walking.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Quote by Godbe
I will be paying for most of it, but my parents are going to help me out a bit with the insurance and such.

then go for it, everyone will understand if its your first car. everyone has either a banger or a cheap car for their first. until of course their parents are really rich and are prepared to pay for the child's' car

also as someone else mentioned it also kinda depends on the colour of the car.

good luck bro, when you finally pass and are driving by yourself or with your mates its the best! trust me i got my first car this year too :p
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
well, i have mostly seen girls driving them, but a car is a car! although saying that i do rip in to my dad because he has one... you have to get it in black or silver though!
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by imdeth
It's just a car. I'd drive a pink Mini, why not?

Minis are manly though. 'Tis not the size of the gadget, but how you use it

It looks like it gets good gas mileage, so go for it mate.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Yeah, it's definitely a girl's car. But if you want a reliable small car, you can't go wrong with small Fords, get a second hand Fiesta, possibly diesel, really trustworthy cars.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
its fine dude. a car is a car and you can laugh at the people who made fun of you when they are walking to their destination.
and i kinda have a thing for mini coopers so i know how you feel
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Is it big enough to throw a hump into someone in the backset?
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
Is it big enough to throw a hump into someone in the backseat?

FIXED, before I get owned/pwned/flamed/reported/fapped/raped/fail
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
its a girls car and its also a horrible car, dont let people tell you different
HAVE A NICE DAY!
Quote by midi pure
then go for it, everyone will understand if its your first car. everyone has either a banger or a cheap car for their first. until of course their parents are really rich and are prepared to pay for the child's' car

also as someone else mentioned it also kinda depends on the colour of the car.

good luck bro, when you finally pass and are driving by yourself or with your mates its the best! trust me i got my first car this year too :p

I've already passed. I did about two months ago. I'm driving my mom#s Ford Fusion at the moment, which is pretty damn big, so I was after something small like a KA.

The most popular cars I've seen people driving at my college are Renault (sp?) Clios, Ford KAs, Minis (of course) and Fiat Puntos. At the end of the day a car is a car really, I was just wondering if there is anything else a little less effeminate that I can get away with driving, that's still as reliable as a Ford.
I used to drive one of those because the place where I worked had a bunch of 'em.
These cars are of low quality:
1) The rear lights tend to crap out a lot.
2) The interior is cheap and ugly.
3) You wouldn't believe how quickly metal can turn into rust. The Ka will gladly demonstrate.
4) I had a small accident with one. Had to take it to the junkyard after that. My very own Golf has seen ten times worse and didn't crap out on me nevertheless.

On the other hand:
1) They are cheap.
2) They aren't too uncomfortable. But it's not a Maybach either.
3) They don't need as much petrol as other cars.

I'd rather get a VW Polo, Lupo or a Honda if you need an inexpensive car.

Quote by Godbe
... that's still as reliable as a Ford.

hahahaha

Seriously, why people buy Fords is a mystery to me. The only Ford I've seen so far that seemed like a quality car to me was the new Mondeo, all others have been junk.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Dec 23, 2008,
Quote by Godbe
I've already passed. I did about two months ago. I'm driving my mom#s Ford Fusion at the moment, which is pretty damn big, so I was after something small like a KA.

The most popular cars I've seen people driving at my college are Renault (sp?) Clios, Ford KAs, Minis (of course) and Fiat Puntos. At the end of the day a car is a car really, I was just wondering if there is anything else a little less effeminate that I can get away with driving, that's still as reliable as a Ford.

congratz bro

and wtf minis? the new shape? they cost a fortune!

when i was in sixthform [college] everyone was driving fiat puntos/clios or 206s.

um as for other choices, its a hard choice, because all the 'cool' cars that are cheap are french and they are quite unreliable.
Quote by bearded_monkey

Quote by halvies

oh yeah
The way the tires stick out make it look like a shopping cart. Yes it does look feminine considering the shape. Just get yourself a honda civic.

Fo' shizzle!!! here's mine

Quote by apmaman
+1

I'm getting a Yaris for my first car. Cheapest car I could find to insure plus its a 5 door

Good choice. I have the sedan; once I made the gas tank last a month!
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
no offence but the american civic if quite bad looking. i prefer the UK one but the old shape. also it has to be the "type R" version or "type S" otherwise its just an old persons car :P
Quote by bearded_monkey

Quote by halvies

oh yeah
A Black one would look really nice in my opinion, or you could go for a used car
Quote by Godbe

Toyota Yaris!!

Nippy wee things

You might want to look at Citeron Saxo's Fiat Panda's Vaxhaull Corsa as well.

an MG25? Although I don't know about insurance for them. Might be on the high side

lol What's wrong with people saying "OMG ITS TEH GIRLZ CAR" and suggesting a FUGLY VW Golf or a Honda Civic!? I hate those ****ing cars they are UGLY, IMO, and you even dare to say a KA is a femenine car

It's just an opinion, just like when I say those cars suck. So get a KA or whatever you want to get no matter what it is
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Quote by midi pure

and wtf minis? the new shape? they cost a fortune!

when i was in sixthform [college] everyone was driving fiat puntos/clios or 206s.

Nah, the old shape. I don't know if it's correct to refer to them as Minis (what with BMW owning the brand and all now) or Mini Coopers or whatever, I just call them Minis for convenience. Plus they are really tiny.

Yeah I forgot about Peugeots, a lot of people have the old 107s or whatever they are... I can never remember the modle types of Peugetos.
I miss those little ****ers from Brazil. It's hilarious how these simple, efficient, compact cheap cars are nowhere to be seen in the US besides the odd Mini. Instead, many want a 4 door Ford truck
Quote by Godbe
Nah, the old shape. I don't know if it's correct to refer to them as Minis (what with BMW owning the brand and all now) or Mini Coopers or whatever, I just call them Minis for convenience. Plus they are really tiny.

Yeah I forgot about Peugeots, a lot of people have the old 107s or whatever they are... I can never remember the modle types of Peugetos.

106 if i am thinking of the same car?
Manchester United
Page 1 of 2