I am looking for an acoustic in the $300 range, and I decided that, even though I have never played before...I will go into my local store and take a look around. I played some nice Takamines, and a few others that were a little out of my range. I explained what I was looking for to the person working there and he suggested a Cort guitar. I had never heard of them, but apparently, they can't keep them on their shelves as the only one they had needed to be sent back to the factory, and they had a shipment the day before. But it sounded pretty good. I have looked online, and I don't really see that much about them...Are they new?

So My question is this? What do you guys think about Cort Guitars? This one in particular had a solid spruce top, and came with D'addario strings for less than 2 bills...I liked it, and I may go buy one when they get their next shipment (sometime this week). The only thing I wish I would have seen is a black one, but I have heard the black acoustics look nice, but the paint affects tone, so I guess, I would rather have natural.
Last edited by Jeremiah1981 at Dec 23, 2008,
I have a friend who owns a cort guitar. It's a decent guitar for the price. I've heard mainly positive things about Corts, so if you really fancy one then it's probably not a bad choice.

As for the paint... yes, it has a slight adverse affect, but will you notice it? Probably not. Unless you're buying a REALLY cheap guitar where they might as well just dip the guitar in paint(because that's how sloppy some manufacturers are), you'll be fine with a coloured guitar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Yea Cort guitars are pretty good from what I know, they are Korean, and apparently they are one of the biggest guitar manufacturers. They build guitars for Ibanez and stuff like that. I never played one but I heard they are very good for the price. And yea for the tone, if you are just starting playing guitar you wont notice the effect the paint has, i dont think so. Hope I helped
Quote by persevvere
Yea Cort guitars are pretty good from what I know, they are Korean, and apparently they are one of the biggest guitar manufacturers. They build guitars for Ibanez and stuff like that. I never played one but I heard they are very good for the price. And yea for the tone, if you are just starting playing guitar you wont notice the effect the paint has, i dont think so. Hope I helped

Quote by captivate
I have a friend who owns a cort guitar. It's a decent guitar for the price. I've heard mainly positive things about Corts, so if you really fancy one then it's probably not a bad choice.

As for the paint... yes, it has a slight adverse affect, but will you notice it? Probably not. Unless you're buying a REALLY cheap guitar where they might as well just dip the guitar in paint(because that's how sloppy some manufacturers are), you'll be fine with a coloured guitar.

Thank you both. I don't even know of Cort makes colored guitars...I just like the black...but I like the natural as well, so I will be back in probably after Christmas, and will probably try some more out, and then make a decision.
Korean guitars these days are getting amazing. I live in Korea and played some of the domestic stuff they don't export and it blew me away. Incredible value. You can't go far wrong with Korea now, they aren't much different to Japan...equal alot of the time. High end Korean made guitars match anything Japanese. Crazy change of pace.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I own an acoustich Cort Earth 100 (probably the model you're talking about, either that or an Earth 60) and it's a nice guitar for the price. It's not brilliant, but I don't think you can do much better for the price.
It looks nice, plays well, sounds pretty ok and it's sturdy as well. I like it
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣