Think of it this way: When you first started playing an instrument (we'll use guitar as an example) how did you play it? Did you use a lot of hammer-ons? Do some sliding up and down the strings? Play fast or slow?

There are millions of people who play guitar, and yet have you noticed that everybody plays at least a little bit differently? Do you guys think personality is the reason for this? Or something else?
personally i dont think your personality effects the way you play i think that the way you play is based on the type of music you like...i do think your attitude effects the way you play-like if your pissed off, or sad , or really hiper i think the way you play changes then.
i would say it does... people seem to say im really intense and scary and i dont make a whole lot of sense when i say really complicated stuff that only makes sense to me..

my playing involves really hard picking and lots of dissonance.. and mostly improvisations after i have forgotten about structure.. it just becomes an extended rambling jazz solo'

theres a bit of a connection there it seems
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
I'd say personality has a big thing to say about how you play your instrument.

I guy in my class was a bit of a hippie, extremely open clumsy person. He could play a guitar, but when he was on stage you could see his personality shine thru. Hilarious to watch.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I'm with Ninja, though personality affects taste in music... Which affects how you play... So it may have an indirect influence
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by Perfection 101
I'm with Ninja, though personality affects taste in music... Which affects how you play... So it may have an indirect influence

I also think what you first play can affect it...
After I got out of the 'open chords and smoke on the water' phase, I started with what I was into at the time, which was A7X...and so that's affected my playing style...although not as much now.
Yup.
I cant stand doin the same thing over and over and it made me realize that my drumming is very heavy on fills. Kinda like Mastodon's drummer i guess.
Lazy people play like shit.

People who are focused generally* play amazingly.

*There are many exception
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Depends how much of you you intend to put into your music.
The more you put in the better it is.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
No, but mitosis does.
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
Quote by cokesodanotdrug
No, but mitosis does.

How does mitosis have anything to do with this?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO