Yes it is made in china. Doesn't have much headroom either, but that's only a problem if you're looking for good headroom.
No catch really, its made in China like stated and there are a ton better cabs out there. But all in all its a great amp and a good substitute if you cant afford a JCM 800. I would suggest getting the head and a decent 2x12 cab though.
watts really don't matter in cost, there's 5w amps that are worth far more than 300w amps. even for tubes.

the windsor is just pretty cheap. don't get the stack, just get the head.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
hmm...

well it is literally impossible to get a pure clean tone out of the amp. and the cab is pretty crap.

other than that, the thing resembles a hot-rodded jcm800. it's a damn good price if that's what you're looking for.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Clean tones are hard to get (not completely impossible)...but the amp sounds great. Very nice classic rock crunch...needs a boost to get into metal territory though.
Quote by JohnFrusciante6
seems like a great deal, i'm always sketchy about products not made in the USA.. quality never satisfies me but i'm sure for 500 it's worth every penny.

Lol where do you think we get the parts they use in the USA models
Bush and his trade agreement

But I do agree theres alot of bad apples out there, but I havent really heard to many complaints about the Windsor. And there are quite a few good chinese factorys out there...
I would say if you get it, buy an avatar cab loaded with the hellatone 60's. Then when you get the money, swap out the transformer and retube the sucker.
If it doesn't get enough gain for you, you can always get some one to mod in an extra 12ax7 for an extra gain stage.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
I haven't played through the head version, but from what I've heard, it's similar to a hot-rodded JCM800, oh and I guess you're better off getting a separate cab from what I'm reading.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
made and china and its 100W including cab and head. so thats like. 50 watt head and 50 watt cab both made in china and if you lick it you probly die..
I pay for music and so should you: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by Music18
u just got to love fat strats.... and i really like the ones that hav 2 single pick upsm then the humbucker near the bridge... very nice =)
your calculations are pretty wrong.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by rorygodowsky
made and china and its 100W including cab and head. so thats like. 50 watt head and 50 watt cab both made in china and if you lick it you probly die..

wtfffff...

i love mine...that cab sucks though
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by rorygodowsky

that's 200% wrong.

100% about the cab and 100% about the head.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
70 dollar shipping. ****ty cab most likely
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by UnsignedRecords
that's 200% wrong.

100% about the cab and 100% about the head.