I've been seeing these on ebay as of late they have a gibson custom headstock wth the epiphone name are these the old headstock or are they fakes?

like these I read they are or were made in japan are they legit because I've been looking for a les paul style guitar and the customs and the esp Ec-1000's have been on my mind and I really love the headstock just want to know anything about them

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/27258-epiphone-mij-les-paul.html
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Epiphones have not as a whole been made in Japan since the late 80s. I think the Elitest were for awhile though.
Yep it's real.

It is one of the "Elite" ones (not to be confused with elitist). They are praised guitars for their quality, just beware of anything thats very bashed about and thoroughly used.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I thought they would be real, and I'm not gonna buy a used beat up one, but it will be used because there older
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Quote by CJRocker
Epiphones have not as a whole been made in Japan since the late 80s. I think the Elitest were for awhile though.

yeah, they have... loads were made for the japanese market, surely? and epiphone japan took over from orville in 2005/6 i think? i didn't check that link, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, they have... loads were made for the japanese market, surely? and epiphone japan took over from orville in 2005/6 i think? i didn't check that link, though.

Durr, forgot about the Orvilles... also, I always confuse the Elite/Elitist so what is the difference for future reference?
Quote by electricdeath
I've been seeing these on ebay as of late they have a gibson custom headstock wth the epiphone name are these the old headstock or are they fakes? ...
Not fakes ... they were made for the local Japanese market ... here's mine:

Quote by CJRocker
Durr, forgot about the Orvilles... also, I always confuse the Elite/Elitist so what is the difference for future reference?
The headstock is the most obvious ...

*posted from my buddy's laptop*
yeah, ippon nailed it, CJ.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I really want one of the Epiphones for the Japan Market. The Gibson shape headstock makes it look so much better.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Gretsch G6118T Anniversary
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender Showmaster

Peavey Valveking Half Stack

My YouTube Channel
Buy it NOW
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
Buy it NOW

This.

Who else think that those "Gibson Custom Headstocks" are amazing?
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
This.

Who else think that those "Gibson Custom Headstocks" are amazing?

They are gorgeous headstocks. Just the right amount of decoration.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50