nirvanagrunge13
Live easy, rock hard.
1,511 IQ
I was looking at an enter sandman tab and found a legato slide but i'm not really sure what this means or how to do it, can someone help?
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
steeLmonkeyz
257 IQ
Just a slide using only your fretting hand? Don't pick it basically
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
1,670 IQ
There are two kinds of slide: "Legato" and "Shift"

A Shift slide is where you pick once, slide up or down and pick again when you reach your target note.

A Legato slide is where you pick, slide and then DON'T pick at your target note; most of what people call 'slides' are the legato version.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
nvranka
953 IQ
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
There are two kinds of slide: "Legato" and "Shift"

A Shift slide is where you pick once, slide up or down and pick again when you reach your target note.

A Legato slide is where you pick, slide and then DON'T pick at your target note; most of what people call 'slides' are the legato version.

^ this.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
AlejandroAle
240 IQ
T T T T T T T T
S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
|------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------------------------19p13-19p13-19p13-19p13-|
|-18p12-18p12-18p12-18p12------------------------------|

Why the S
Do you Tap 18 and pull off 12 is correct ?? But that S why for ??

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/s/slayer/born_of_fire_ver2_tab.htm
Last edited by AlejandroAle at Sep 16, 2015,
NorthernLord
Tab Contributor
91 IQ
Quote by AlejandroAle
T T T T T T T T
S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
|-------------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------19p13-19p13-19p13-19p13-|
|-18p12-18p12-18p12-18p12-------------------------|

Why the S
Do you Tap 18 and pull off 12 is correct ?? But that S why for ??

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/s/slayer/born_of_fire_ver2_tab.htm

S = sixtheenth note
E = eighth note
Q = quarter note
|----3----|
E E E = eight triplets

and so on
AlejandroAle
240 IQ
Quote by NorthernLord
S = sixtheenth note
E = eighth note
Q = quarter note
|----3----|
E E E = eight triplets

and so on

Do You make mention of musical theory ? I dont know about that ....maybe in spanish explanation..
At the bottom of the tab here the link http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/s/s...re_ver2_tab.htm , the reference data ..............s is legato slide, S is shift slide.

So I Tap 18 and pull off 12 and then what I have to do??
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
1,670 IQ
Quote by AlejandroAle
Do You make mention of musical theory ? I dont know about that ....maybe in spanish explanation..
At the bottom of the tab here the link http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/s/s...re_ver2_tab.htm , the reference data ..............s is legato slide, S is shift slide.

So I Tap 18 and pull off 12 and then what I have to do??

There's this as well:

Duration Legend
---------------
W - whole; H - half; Q - quarter; E - 8th; S - 16th; T - 32nd; X - 64th; a - acciaccatura
+ - note tied to previous; . - note dotted; .. - note double dotted
Uncapitalized letters represent notes that are staccato (1/2 duration)
Irregular groupings are notated above the duration line
Duration letters will always appear directly above the note/fret number it represents the
duration for. Duration letters with no fret number below them represent rests. Multi-
bar rests are notated in the form Wxn, where n is the number of bars to rest for. Low
melody durations appear below the staff

This tab is confusing the issue by having note durations and tapping directions above the tab. The first row of letters above the tab notation is all note duration, and in this case it indicates that you should be playing those notes in 16th note sextuplets.

It's really confusing if you're not used to it though, there're good reasons that most tabs don't have note durations on them.

Album.
Legion.
AlejandroAle
240 IQ
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
There's this as well:

Duration Legend
---------------
W - whole; H - half; Q - quarter; E - 8th; S - 16th; T - 32nd; X - 64th; a - acciaccatura
+ - note tied to previous; . - note dotted; .. - note double dotted
Uncapitalized letters represent notes that are staccato (1/2 duration)
Irregular groupings are notated above the duration line
Duration letters will always appear directly above the note/fret number it represents the
duration for. Duration letters with no fret number below them represent rests. Multi-
bar rests are notated in the form Wxn, where n is the number of bars to rest for. Low
melody durations appear below the staff

This tab is confusing the issue by having note durations and tapping directions above the tab. The first row of letters above the tab notation is all note duration, and in this case it indicates that you should be playing those notes in 16th note sextuplets.

It's really confusing if you're not used to it though, there're good reasons that most tabs don't have note durations on them.

Yes is very possible an Author `s mistake . He maybe thought in the duration of the note like you said but also confusing like you said. Even I give him thanks for the effort
Orientation
36 IQ
Quote by AlejandroAle
Yes is very possible an Author `s mistake . He maybe thought in the duration of the note like you said but also confusing like you said. Even I give him thanks for the effort

En la tablatura que vos estas leyendo, la referencia "S", arriba de la nota, no significa slide, si no que es la duracion de tiempo de esa nota. Si no me equivoco: S = Sixtheenth note = semicorchea (ya que la semicorchea es un diesiceisavo de la redonda).
De todas formas aprender una cancion (y mas este tipo de canciones), con estas tablaturas es muy complicado, te recomiendo algun programa como el GuitarPro.

I wrote the reply in spanish in order to clarify him some stuff.
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
1,670 IQ
Quote by Orientation
En la tablatura que vos estas leyendo, la referencia "S", arriba de la nota, no significa slide, si no que es la duracion de tiempo de esa nota. Si no me equivoco: S = Sixtheenth note = semicorchea (ya que la semicorchea es un diesiceisavo de la redonda).
De todas formas aprender una cancion (y mas este tipo de canciones), con estas tablaturas es muy complicado, te recomiendo algun programa como el GuitarPro.

Very much appreciated!

Album.
Legion.
AlejandroAle
240 IQ
Quote by Orientation

Cuando Zaphod_Beeblebr escribio que era sobre la duracion ahi empece a entender mas o menos de que hiba la mano. Por suerte tengo el libro Season in the Abbys de Slayer , la tablatura es la misma salvo por esas SS. Esta madrugada estuve memorizandome Criminally insane ( el solo ) , muy buena la Gpro , muy buena.