Hey guys, I played guitar for about 3 years before I gave it up for a year and a half. Now I have started to teach myself again, I have found I am starting all the way back from the beginning. I've been trying to play the chord sequence Am, C, F, C, G, C, Am, G
and I am struggling changing from the F to the C and the C to the G. I am trying to do it without looking. I've been trying to learn this for like 5 days, am I just really bad, or is this normal when you are a beginner (again)?
What??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
It's normal. You're not going to get it over night. Practice and just keep practicing.
It's definately common. Even for me, I've been playing for almost a year now, and even though I can do 5 string sweeps almost perfectly, and play songs like Holy Wars, and Curse of Castle Dragon, I had trouble with playing my school Jazz band's song, Mas Que Nada because it was full of chords that I had never used before. Just keep practicing, you'll get it soon.

PS. It took me about 4 weeks to master Mas Que Nada. It'll probably take you less to figure out your chords sequence because Mas Que Nada has tons of annoyingly shaped chords.

I.e Abma7th, then a quick change to Abmi9th, etc.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Completely normal. I quit for 10 years and came back to it. It took six months of practice to bring me to where I was previously.
Hey dude.
Play the first chord then the next. Keep doing this over and over. Soon it will become easy to you..
Just don't give up. I've been playing for a long time and with some songs I have to do this.
Think of guitar playing as a life-long continuum, you study/practice music long enough and you wind up like Edward Van Halen...He had to start from the same reference point as everyone else and he was able to become an awesome musician (-: If anything, new guitarists these days have a leg up on E.V.H. because when he was in his early learning stages he did not have access to the internet as a learning tool or the abbundence of free guitar/music information that the internet has to offer. Keep on chugging man!
Quote by DiabolusMusica5
Think of guitar playing as a life-long continuum, you study/practice music long enough and you wind up like Edward Van Halen...He had to start from the same reference point as everyone else and he was able to become an awesome musician (-: If anything, new guitarists these days have a leg up on E.V.H. because when he was in his early learning stages he did not have access to the internet as a learning tool or the abbundence of free guitar/music information that the internet has to offer. Keep on chugging man!

some could argue that lack of internet actually helped him, since there was also a lack of misinformation being fed to him, and he had to work harder, and ear train much sooner than you have to. now that all these tabs and video walkthroughs are avilable, which allows many new guitarists to never really work on their ears....
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
old thread is old - also the TS hasn't logged in for over a year!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com