I am looking for a good tube amp. I play mostly jazz, progressive rock and rock. I have a POD Xt which I am currently running through a horrible Marshall amp and I am looking to upgrade.

I'd like to know what you guys would recommend.

Thanks!

OH yeah: I was looking at a Fender Blues JR
i like progressive rock
Last edited by Starguard at Dec 23, 2008,
take a look into blackheart amps, im looking into buying the handsome devil 15/7w for $450, or one of the little giants 5/3 for $350
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I would get a crate V-series, they're really cheap and sound great.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Go for a Handsome Devil. If you want wattage, and perhaps a little more versatility, try out a Peavey ValveKing. Not the absolute best in terms of sound, but definately has the most wattage, and you can switch between Class A and Class A/B.
Save another $50 and get a Blues Junior. it will probably like the POD better.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Look if you can find a used Peavey Classic 30. They do that sound quite well. I've played through one and I liked it very much, but I liked the Traynor YCV50 just a bit more, so I got that instead, but the Classic 30 is no slouch.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/msg/963303898.html Thars a blues jr for $300.
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/msg/961899316.html Peavey classic 50 for $420
Or if you go a little west.
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/msg/964792934.html Tweed Delta Blues, $275. (Think classic 30 with a 15" speaker and tremolo)

All are good amps for what you play, personally I think the Tweed DB for $275 is all win for what you want to play.
Quote by MustangSVT
Look if you can find a used Peavey Classic 30. They do that sound quite well. I've played through one and I liked it very much, but I liked the Traynor YCV50 just a bit more, so I got that instead, but the Classic 30 is no slouch.

+1, or heres a side by side review of the Blackheart and the Crate V18.......and a Hot Rod Deluxe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrQJ3OOE-mw&feature=channel_page
Quote by gnaraaron
take a look into blackheart amps, im looking into buying the handsome devil 15/7w for $450, or one of the little giants 5/3 for $350

I'm buying the Handsome Devil 1/2 Stack with Christmas money. Unfortunately you'll only be able to find out info on it from word of mouth and YouTube videos. Most stores don't carry them. They're almost the equivalent of a boutique amp. I mean, my GC has Egnators and all of these crazy awesome vintage Marshall stacks, but they don't have any Blackhearts? Explain that to me!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
^ sam ash carries a few, i know my local one always has a little giant in stock and ive played through that like 5 times.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
they have the B 52 AT-112 on sale at GC for like 320
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
So, just to review:

I've got $450 to spend.

I'll be using a PODXT for some modulation.

What are your recommendations?
i like progressive rock
classic 30 or a black heart. i doubt you wanna use the pod for your distorted sound, so i wouldnt go with blues junior or hot rod. maybe pick up a overdrive pedal to push amp