i'm wondering if the tuning B,F sharp,B, E,B,e is an actual tuning? i think i'm going to use it as the standard tuning for my band. its very unique sounding.
If it makes your songs easier to play then go ahead. I'm just not too sure about the string tension on the neck.
Sorry...misread the first time. I've never seen it used...its like open D but open B instead.
Umm...you tuned to it, so of course it's an actual tuning?

The open strings spell out a Bsus4, or Esus2 chord, and that's what that tuning is most likely referred to as.
If you are going to use B-F#-B-E-G#-C# (drop B) you should get thicker strings... I have already used that tunning and I used Ernie Balls Not Even Slinkys.
Quote by ginjaninja
There are no such things as "actual tunings".

standard tuning is an actual tuning (as in, its real, trust me i use it) so is D standard, drop C, all these are actual tunings. they're all real unlike god which is entirely theoretical.
If it's easier for playing your songs go ahead
Last edited by snirp88 at Dec 24, 2008,
ya, i'm goint have to ge thicker strings, currenty i use elixers poly web, extra light, and i get alot of rattle. also, it has to be perfectly tuned or else it gets wierd sounding.
i can't do solos worth crap, fingers too big, but this tuning makes chord solos farily easy.
Quote by ethan_hanus
i can't do solos worth crap, fingers too big, but this tuning makes chord solos farily easy.

No it doesn't - you're just looking for excuses as to why you're not as good as you want to be. Tuning has absolutely no bearing on how easy or hard it is to play the guitar, you simply need to practice more and be patient
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thats open Bsus4 tuning, it sounds pretty sweet. I think Mikael akerfeldt did something similar like Dsus2 tuning for Opeth's Ghost Reveries
It seems your guitar's neck will dislike you, my friend.

Then again, I guess you could be using thicker strings and tuning waaaayyyyy down....I assumed, at first, that you were tuning them up. I'm such an idiot.
Quote by Edgecrsuher
If you are going to use B-F#-B-E-G#-C# (drop B) you should get thicker strings... I have already used that tunning and I used Ernie Balls Not Even Slinkys.

lol i feel like a weirdo now....
i use those same strings and i play in standard tuning....

what can i say? i like thick strings

No it doesn't - you're just looking for excuses as to why you're not as good as you want to be. Tuning has absolutely no bearing on how easy or hard it is to play the guitar, you simply need to practice more and be patient

the bird man's got a good point.

hahaha i made a bad joke

but seriously, hes got a good point
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Last edited by musicTHEORYnerd at Dec 24, 2008,