So, I'm going to be buying a B-52 AT-112, and I want to get some pedals to go along with it. I already have a wah pedal, and I plan on getting MXR 10-band EQ, and an OD pedal.

I've done some research, and I'm stuck in between these two pedals:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Bad-Monkey-Tube-Overdrive-Pedal?sku=150831
^Bad Monkey

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=157035X
^BBE Green Screamer

Also, would it really be worth it to dish out the extra cash if it meant getting a Maxon 808 or TS9?
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
The one you like the most!

Theres a tone of od pedals you just have to test some out and see what you like...

From those if your are clean boosting for metal tighting I would go with the Bad monkey. If you want the od aspect go with the screamer.

And yes expensive od's are usually worth the money.
the green screamer is a great pedal. IMO, better than the bad monkey. however lots of people use bad monkeys and are satisfied with them.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I would be using the OD pedal to boost my solo's and lead's and such, on both the clean and the overdrive channel of the amp.

Edit: Also, I've already taken a journey to my local GC, they didn't have the BBE for testing, so I would have no way of comparing them aside from clips online.
Quote by jdmurrayz
the fulltone ocd is my favorite od pedal. though i would recommend getting a tubescreamer with your budget
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
The Fulltone is a little too much, but I'm now sort of thinking about the Maxon 808.
Is it better than than the TS9?
Quote by jdmurrayz
I've never played the maxon. I usually don't use pedals except verb and delay.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Awhh, I'm still confused.

Anyone else wanna help?
Quote by jdmurrayz
Last edited by ShrimpthePimp at Dec 23, 2008,
I'm still in need of an answer! D:
Quote by jdmurrayz
Bump because I'm wondering the same thing with the same amp. I could go with the TS9, or grab a cheaper one like the Bad Monkey and then an additional cheap effect. I just don't know how much better the TS9 is, or what I should do with my $100 budget.
just grab the tubescreamer. its better than the bad monkey
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
It really is the best value for the money? I see some other $99 OD pedals on musiciansfriend that get nice reviews, but because I've heard nothing about them I'm weary about purchasing.
If you're willing to throw down a few more bones the Fulltone OCD or a Keeley modded Tubescreamer would be great picks.
Quote by Wakisazhi
If you're willing to throw down a few more bones the Fulltone OCD or a Keeley modded Tubescreamer would be great picks.

If I bought the TS9 now would I be able to mod it myself later?
mxr zw-44 is a good od for heavier music. it doesn't have the mid hump like the ts9 or bad monkey also works good as a clean or lead boost and true bypass to boot.
Last edited by mmjohn at Dec 24, 2008,
Possibly if you can find the right wiring diagrams and parts (the production models I see from Keeley tend to use LEDs for some features of the mods).
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
The Fulltone is a little too much, but I'm now sort of thinking about the Maxon 808.
Is it better than than the TS9?

Might as well go for the Maxon OD-9. True bypass.
Quote by Paroxysm

^I'd second that too.
Quote by acdclandon
is that site accurate?
like is that what they really sound like

Yes if you are running that guys exact same gear.

But its mainly a guide line so you can here certain queues and nuances between the pedals. Since each pedal reacts differently to each amp its just a good way to tell which one is warmer, has more level or gain and so on.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Dec 24, 2008,
Quote by Paroxysm

Does anyone else have input on this pedal? I'd be using it either on the clean channel for a little warm clipping or as a boost to tighten up/push the OD channel.

Actually, that's out of my budget...

I'm considering just getting a Bad Monkey and then maybe a delay or chorus pedal and then getting some higher quality models later this year. What do you guys think?
Last edited by rush.PR at Dec 24, 2008,
If money really is an issue and you want other stuff, then the Bad Money should be fine. I don't use one myself but I read they're pretty versatile and most guys with dual rectifiers use them. I guess you need a OD pedal for a little more gain out of your amp. If it's for a clean boost or solo boost, an EQ will be fine as well.

Well, there was some guy with a Maxon OD-9 on ebay with a buy it now for $100 but some bastard bid on it I was going to tell you to get that before I did but oh well.
Quote by Paroxysm
If money really is an issue and you want other stuff, then the Bad Money should be fine. I don't use one myself but I read they're pretty versatile and most guys with dual rectifiers use them. I guess you need a OD pedal for a little more gain out of your amp. If it's for a clean boost or solo boost, an EQ will be fine as well.

Well, there was some guy with a Maxon OD-9 on ebay with a buy it now for $100 but some bastard bid on it I was going to tell you to get that before I did but oh well.

Yeah, I want it to push the gain a bit. The MXR-108 should work fine for a boost, though, hm? I'm probably just going to get the TS9. True bypass is nice, and I'll get something uber eventually, but I don't really need *the best* at this point.
If you're getting an EQ you probably won't need an OD pedal, unless you want a specific tone from using diode clipping or something.

That EQ pedal should provide enough boost to tighten up your amp.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by FischmungaXTR
If you're getting an EQ you probably won't need an OD pedal, unless you want a specific tone from using diode clipping or something.

That EQ pedal should provide enough boost to tighten up your amp.

Well, then I've got $100 to spend on whatever else I want. Probably some effects. Now I have more research to do XD.
id try your amp with the eq pedal and see if it gives you what you want. if not get an od. also look at the digitech handwire series. The OD pedal is great. the bad monkey is also great. i run one in my setup
the bbe screamer is pretty good

but i prefer Xotic effects overdrives, true bypass and very smooth and organic tones.

i recommend the BB preamp, AC booster and/or RC booster

merry christmas
wait, so if the Bad Monkey is not true bypass, does that mean it sucks tone?
Quote by jdmurrayz
What's the difference between the TS9 and the Maxon 808?
Quote by jdmurrayz