If you were to choose between each of these guitars, which would you pick?

I went to my local Best Buy and got a hold on both of these. While the Fender felt better, the G400 had heavier strings. Looks don't matter, and I don't know how they sound on an amp.

The G400 seemed more heavy in sound, while the Telecaster more bright...
Can't go wrong with Fender. I own a tele and absolutely love the tone. Sounds great on any amp I've ever played on.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
choose the tele
this is from a g400 owner btw
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
what kind of music do you like playing?

lighter stuff - fender

heavier stuff - G400

and I too am a G400 owner
is the tele mexican?
cous if so i would prefer the g400...
if its an american tele, the definetly that one.
Quote by ACthunderboltDC
what kind of music do you like playing?

lighter stuff - fender

heavier stuff - G400

+1, pretty much. they're quite different styles of guitar, it's not just as simple as "which is better quality"... though obviously if one is a lemon, you should buy the other one...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Do the humbuckers on the G400 make a difference, or is the Telecaster so much better that even with single coils the G400 doesn't compare? D:
Quote by bored_1
Do the humbuckers on the G400 make a difference, or is the Telecaster so much better that even with single coils the G400 doesn't compare? D:

Well they are about as opposite as possible. The tele will have that twang and the G400 will have that grunt. Judging from the song on your myspace profile, I would think the tele but that's only one song. G400's sound nice clean too though. Tough call.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by ze monsta
Tele, no doubt about it. The quality is (hopefully) above that of the Epiphone.

MIM Fenders are way better than Chinese Epis.
what model telecaster are you looking at anyway?

If its just the mim (standard) telecaster, be sure to check out the Baja and Lite Ash (if you can find one) telecasters before you make your final decision. Especially for radiohead type music.
tele, i found the g400 neck didnt really suit me that much. and suprisingly the lp special ll was to me a far more capeable guitar to play. and it sounds a beast with gain. id say the tele. they are soo cool
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!