I'm new to the forum and i thank you for any response. I joined this forum so i could get some answers, I have a peavey special 130 amp and an ibanez rx 240 .I can't for the life of me get any kind of clean sound... I am guessing it has something to do with the factory pick ups or is it the amp itself? also what do all the knobs on the front due i have been playing on this thing for about three or so years now and i know where to put them to get what sound i am looking for the best i can but i do not know what they do... i understand the EQ and the reverb but this is what i don't know: there is a + - switch next to the power switch ???? then it says high gain and low gain inputs ???? now the knobs... lead gain,3 knobs 1: it says pre and pull bright ( white ) 2: saturation ( grey )and 3: post ( this knob is blue ) next there is a knob " normal gain" under it pre pull bright ( white ) also under the equalization there is a knob that says pressence i have adjusted these knobs at various intervals and i can tell it changes things but how i don't know also if these questions are answered on another thread or if i should just ask them over there please point me in the right direction
thank you both I knew the answers were in here just alittle over whelmed with all the threads and had no idea where to look thanks
Quote by nightraven
you should ask in the guitar gear & accessories forum, not the electric guitar forum as posted above, since this thread regards amplification (gear), not the guitar

Nobody corrects me...

I challenge thee to a dual, thou shalt not insult my honour. Pistols at noon, good sir?

lol lol lol you two are good for a laugh in a depressing time thank you and i mean no offense lol lol lol ... doesn't anyone play magic anymore.....?