Well what I want to know is: if another guitarist comes and does the whole thing buckethead did, like the mask, weird personality, etc, would people just put that guitarist down as a buckethead copy?

The reason I'm asking is because I am a very shy person by nature and have trouble playing in front of anyone, even my own family, but if I wore a mask and pretended I was someone else I would feel more comfortable in front of people. On the other hand I don't want to be looked at as a buckethead copy.
Maybe, it's been done before he did it, but he might even do the whole Kiss thing and just eventually stop wearing the costume
Quote by captain Trips
Maybe, it's been done before he did it, but he might even do the whole Kiss thing and just eventually stop wearing the costume

Sorry but holy sh.t I love your avatar
Quote by Sleepwalker 666
Slipknot all wear maks and they all have messed up personalties.

I heard in reality they are all nerds

To TS's question, I'm sure someone did it before buckethead, but he was not that successful. Just wear a different kind of mask or something, but it would probably be better if you showed your face in my opinion.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by Sleepwalker 666
Sorry but holy sh.t I love your avatar

Who, me?!

lol thanks he kind of has that expression on his face
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
I heard in reality they are all nerds

To TS's question, I'm sure someone did it before buckethead, but he was not that successful. Just wear a different kind of mask or something, but it would probably be better if you showed your face in my opinion.

all but joey and mick, lol, joey also play guitar for another band, so he is cool, and mick is awesome

and i would consider him a poser
I reckon i would have more fun if i got to play in a mask or a costume. Its not so much that im shy myself, although i am a little, Id enjoy myself a lot more if i got to put on a little bit of a spectacle. A musical performance should be a dramatic thing!
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by bucketheadbukut
all but joey and mick, lol, joey also play guitar for another band, so he is cool, and mick is awesome

and i would consider him a poser

Ya Mick looks like a crazy Mutherfvcker
Wear a Dimebag mask and no one will care about your playing because they will go "zOMg!Dimebag is god....RIP!"
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
No play guitar as a clown... Shred like a clown and EATZ TEH CHJILDEREN As zE ClOwNz
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Quote by G-loony
No play guitar as a clown... Shred like a clown and EATZ TEH CHJILDEREN As zE ClOwNz

get out.
Quote by LiquidCheese
Buckethead can't pull off Buckethead

And what do you mean by that?

Hm?!
dress up like a miniature dinosaur with glasses and yellow boots
Quote by LiquidCheese

Buckethead is the best guitarist in the world right now. I hope you weren't suggesting otherwise.

EDIT: Hang on, you're that guy who called me a cunt. Get out.
Quote by LiquidCheese

Truth.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by Tom_hatton
Buckethead is the best guitarist in the world right now. I hope you weren't suggesting otherwise.

I... I love you!
Quote by Zolom
I reckon i would have more fun if i got to play in a mask or a costume. Its not so much that im shy myself, although i am a little, Id enjoy myself a lot more if i got to put on a little bit of a spectacle. A musical performance should be a dramatic thing!

You, my friend, need to go see "of montreal", i don't know if you like that kind of rock but their shows are amazing i think they have a US tour going on.
Quote by Tom_hatton

This is one reason I think people might think I am kinda like a buckethead poser if I start wearing a mask at gigs.
unless you can play equal to or better than someone like buckethead, you'll just look like a complete tosser
kiss did it years ago.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by LiquidCheese

And who are you??

I wouldn't do it TS, more than likely a load of people won't see your reason behind wearing the mask, so they'll just call you a poser or some crap like that.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I never said he wasn't good. I guess he is...but he can't pull off what he's trying to.
Quote by LiquidCheese
I never said he wasn't good. I guess he is...but he can't pull off what he's trying to.

I repeat myself:

"And what do you mean by that?"
oh.. I was talking to the guy who said he was the best guitarist alive in the world or whatever BS he said.

and it means whatever the hell you want it to mean
TS, i was very shy when I first played infront people but I wore some big aviators and a beanie, so my face was kind of hidden.

Thats what I would suggest vs. a whole mask get-up and what not: big sunglasses and some kind of hat
Quote by captain Trips
Who, me?!

lol thanks he kind of has that expression on his face

"Mayday, mayday, we have a crackhead lifting up the bus."

cool avatar^^
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by LiquidCheese

i c wut u did thar
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by jumi1174
TS, i was very shy when I first played infront people but I wore some big aviators and a beanie, so my face was kind of hidden.

Thats what I would suggest vs. a whole mask get-up and what not: big sunglasses and some kind of hat

Yes, nobody famous has ever done that

Anyway. Just do what you want to do. This sounds a bit stupid, but if anyone tells you otherwise, just don't listen to them.

The only people who will criticize you on that are the same people who criticize Buckethead for his looks. They pay more attention to looks rather than the music, which is their loss. If they can't see past visuals, their opinions aren't important enough to matter.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
Yes, nobody famous has ever done that

Anyway. Just do what you want to do. This sounds a bit stupid, but if anyone tells you otherwise, just don't listen to them.

The only people who will criticize you on that are the same people who criticize Buckethead for his looks. They pay more attention to looks rather than the music, which is their loss. If they can't see past visuals, their opinions aren't important enough to matter.

Just to get him comfortable playing in front of people. Then he won't have to worry about "hiding", for lack of a better word, and he could play his music without being nervous.
Quote by LiquidCheese

and it means whatever the hell you want it to mean

Now you are just being an ass.
Quote by jumi1174
Just to get him comfortable playing in front of people. Then he won't have to worry about "hiding", for lack of a better word, and he could play his music without being nervous.

Oh, okay. That makes a bit more sense
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
i dont understand how just because slipknot wears "scary" masks and in reality might be "nerds" makes them poser? I guess everyone who plays metal has to eat babies to be a metal head?

and also, buckethead is intense. But im pretty sure he is completely ****ed up in the mind.

to TS, just dont wear a bucket and you will be fine. Make your own mask.