I've decided to learn the harmonic minor scale. But every where i look there are only five patterns. Shouldn't there be 7? one for each scale degree? Are they repeated or something? if there are two more, could you put them in like a pattern format (see attachment). if not could you explain why, and and alternatives?
Attachments:
hamsdfgsdfg.jpg
its exactly the same as the regular minor except the seventh is raised a half step (the seventh is the note before the root note)

stop thinking in boxes and learn a bit more about what you're playing!
It might be due to the fact that there's a big skip between the flat sixth and the seventh, and that making some positions awkward to finger.
"And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah, when you've done a line or two"
a good exercise for you would be to try ad figure them out your self. theres no harm in picking up a piece of paper with a pen and giving it a try.. learn the notes of the particular harmonic minor you want, then work out different shapes that are easy to finger.
make a diagram of the fretboard and draw out the natural minor, but everytime you get to a 7th raise it a half step. and then just learn it all over the board. memorizing patterns slowed me down for the longest time, because once i got the pattern locked in, i literally became locked in the pattern which is no bueno. so just learn it on your own screw the patterns, it will help your ear hear it better too.
yeah, that scale shape seems really awkward, i would deffinetly not reccomend it. ha.
i just made sure i learned a good natural minor form, and then when i want to make it melodic or harmonic, just alter it in whatever way you need to. but thats just me. it might not neccesarily be the best approach for you.
"Alternatives"?

Here's an alternative: Learn the notes on the fretboard. Learn how to build the scale. Play scale all over fretboard.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
So, let me ask you: Do you know how to build the scale or do you know how to place the scale positions in the right spots?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Scales =/= Patterns.

Learn what notes are in the scale and you can play it anywhere on the fretboard as long as you play within the scale.