Okay, so lately I've really been trying to slow down and make small controlled movements with my left hand and I've been pretty successful, but the thing is that after awhile of doing various exercises slowly my fingers start to ache/burn a bit. Could this be the result of tension, because I'm possibly using tension to keep my fingers very close to the fretboard (I don't feel tense in my left hand while I'm doing these things)? Or is it that the muscles in my fingers are just adapting to a new way of playing? Any answers are greatly appreciated.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
Are you stretching? If not, don't press too hard on the strings. That's probably tension, take it easy and go really slowly and loose.
If you mean playing licks with big stretches, then no. I do some legato exercises very slowly and I try to hammer-on very deliberately, that's probably it now that I think about it, I kind of tense my finger before I slam the tip of it onto the fingerboard. Argh, time to hit the woodshed.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out